Thread: Nissan micra k12 2007 p0132

Default Nissan micra k12 2007 p0132

Hello all. Got a micra k12 2007. Light hesitation around 1500rpm. Logging code p0132. Replaced lambda but still the same. Any ideas.

Check fuse 53 (10amp) in the engine bay fusebox. This code is pointing to a wiring fault so check it carefully and also the connector at the ECU. Assume you fitted a genuine sensor with the correct colour wiring and plug?

Here is some reading for you: http://www.bba-reman.com/content.asp...OS_2_DTC_PO132

Thanks. I checked the fuses the other day but will check them again. Used a ngk sensor so should be ok? Would lambda 2 make a difference? I thought it was only catalyst monitoring but the dealers did say to me it could affect it. Your view on this would be appreciated thanks.

To check if the number 1 sensor is working, use your live data either in the manufacturer program or the OBD one. As the sensor fault code is saying the mixture is too rich you should see a steady reading of about 0.85v. Press the accel pedal to the floor and release and watch the reading. It should drop to almost zero as the revs come down then go back up again to where it was. If it does move across the range between 0.1 and 0.8v, then its probably working okay. If it never moves, then the fault is likely to be in the wiring somewhere.
    A rich mixture can be caused by many things including: a coolant temp sensor reading -40c when the engine is hot; the evap purge valve stuck open; the fuel pressure too high; a misfire due to a defective plug, coil, injector or mechanical fault such as a damaged valve or the timing chain is slack or has jumped a tooth.
    The second (after cat) sensor should be fairly static around 0.6v. If it is too high at around 0.8v you need to check the short term fuel trim on your scanner. The range should be between +5% / -5% alternating roughly once a second.
    Bear in mind that this car has Renault electrics so wiring checking is essential between the sensor and the ECU plug.

Checked the operation of the lambda and its working correctly. The code when cleared takes a few miles to flag back up. The hesitation only occurrs when the engine is warm.

Hi chaps, sorry to but in at this late stage but did you get to the bottom of this, I got the exact same issues and can't get to the bottom of it?

Hey up bigfella. I ended up replacing both the front and rear lambda sensors and that cured the problem. Had it a few times since then on different micras and done the same thing by replacing both sensors and they have all been cured.

Thanks for getting back to me, been scratching my head on this one big time!! Diagnostics aren't giving me any clues, already replaced front lambda sensor and it has apparently improved but it still felt like it was missing. I will try the rear one as suggested.
    Cheers

Was just wondering did lambda 2 cure the micra?

Yep Lee was bang on, fitted second lamda and it worked a treat. Just a reminder though don't use cheapo sensors!