Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Non Geographic contact numbers for breakdowns

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    When I had a works phone my boss pinned my bill up as an example to others. There were hardly any calls over a minute, and most were less than 30 seconds.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    My mobile package includes 500 minutes per month for 0800/0845/0870 numbers.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8,748

    Default

    Well I'm paying 36 a month to T Mobile, and I cant dial any 0800 or 0845 numbers??

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Well I'm paying 36 a month to T Mobile, and I cant dial any 0800 or 0845 numbers??
    A few months ago i upgraded my mobile phone to a Blackberry, and I obtained it through my same ISP that provides our TV, Broadband and Landline phone.
    My package included the phone, unlimited 24/7 calls to Virgin mobiles and Virgin landlines, 2,500 minutes/month to any network (mobile and landlines), 500 minutes/month for 0800/0845/0870 numbers, unlimited texts, unlimited 3G mobile web, so I can use my laptop anywhere in the UK. For this I pay 12 per month.
    My wife has the same package (minus the 0800/0845/0870), also for 12 per month.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8,748

    Default

    That sounds like a great deal, I saw a similar offer with Virgin, as we have their TV, Internet and phone package with them, but the only thing was, you cant get an I-Phone with them?

    I prefer the I-Phone as I can link it with both my lap top and my wife's I-Pad, which is handy. I will see if I can get a better deal when this contract runs out.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    That sounds like a great deal, I saw a similar offer with Virgin, as we have their TV, Internet and phone package with them, but the only thing was, you cant get an I-Phone with them?

    I prefer the I-Phone as I can link it with both my lap top and my wife's I-Pad, which is handy. I will see if I can get a better deal when this contract runs out.
    smudger, with my Blackberry Curve, using the 3G network (which is unlimited in my package) I can go on line anywhere with my laptop, notebook and tablet; as well as directly using the phone itself. Also, the signal is wireless, so no wired connection is necessary. If I may be using the connection for some time (say in the car and parked up) I can have the phone connected to the in-car charger so that its battery does not run out. I have found this useful when using Google maps whilst on holiday.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    You guys are bonkers paying out so much for a phone. I still have my old N okia on a PAYG contract. Cost me about 20 a year.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    8,509

    Default

    I switched to Tesco. I tend to use my mobile very little, like Santa, and pay only around the same 20 a year. I only put a tenner on if there are any family problems going on as I get 20 of calls free for a month when I top up, and use the free calls and texts.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    You guys are bonkers paying out so much for a phone. I still have my old N okia on a PAYG contract. Cost me about 20 a year.
    Horses for courses really. If your a heavy user, Want to use mobile internet and want a new phone often then a contract can be better value for money.

    If like you, The phone is seldom used and your not bothered about having the latest phone then PAYG is the best option.

    I have a phone on a contract for normal daily use but, When Travelling abroad I always use a PAYG phone so if it was lost or stolen I don't have to worrying about someone running up my bill and I know I can't end up with a huge bill for mobile internet if I forget to switch off data roaming.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolebama View Post
    I switched to Tesco. I tend to use my mobile very little, like Santa, and pay only around the same 20 a year. I only put a tenner on if there are any family problems going on as I get 20 of calls free for a month when I top up, and use the free calls and texts.
    Take a look at GiffGaff they are cheaper than Tesco and have very good coverage as they use the o2 network.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •