Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: reconditioned-engines.co.uk aka brentsouth trading aka heathrow engines DO NOT USE

Hi Guys - totally shocking to read all these threads. Thankfully I searched their reputation before proceeding but looked convincing website. I filled in online enquiry form last night before checking though.....got email today quoting over 1200 to recon engine - only wanted head anyway.....follow-up voicemail from "Shelly" - sounds polite enough but no way am I going any further. Website I used was "reconditioned-engines.co.uk"......Shelly was calling from "Engine Search" which I learn is one of their new names, and email has 0208 568 1507 as their reply. So sorry to hear the sad stories - best of luck to you all Reconditioned Engines - what a con!!!
    Anyone interested in a Mazda 323F 1.6 1994 80k miles (with poorly valves ....let me know - too good to scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by samim1982 View Post
    Hi
    I called. 020 3384 9925,020 8568 1507 on 25th January 2011 and spoke with Mr Roy dart. They gave me a quotation of 1170 and I agreed so the got my car and send me an email after a week time and asked for 3060. I was shocked and call them to return my car back but they offered me 1950 but I refused to deal and asked them to return my car. They emailed me an invoice of 558 for work which I never asked them. I call them again and again but no success. I went to the clock tower road and try to find them no one knows where they are,after roaming around for 30 minutes I called them and told them that I was engine for my car so the direct me. I went there and spoke with guy Peter and asked him about my car they refused and said mr Roy is not here and I should come tomorrow or call him in the morning. But when I called they told me the same story to pay 558 and they will release the car.. Any help???
    Hi Samim1982,
    Your story is all too familiar and getting your car back will be, I guess, as difficult as it is to get information out of them. I spoke with another victim of the new scam today and she too is struggling to get any sense out of them and is going to attempt to collect their car tomorrow.
    As I told her, regrettably you will now be fobbed off with excuse after excuse and if you do get in there, you will be asked if you gave them "14 days notice in writing to cancel the contract" or whatever else they make up as they go along.
    Their premises are in Clock Tower Road. It's like Fort Knox and is directly opposite Euro Car Parts in Isleworth. You will find the whole place surrounded by a 15ft high fence and electric gates. Getting in can be difficult if they are in an obstructive mood.
    If you call the Operation Bonchester Teamj at Acton Police Station on 020 8721 7100 and speak to any of the officers there, they might be able to help you by accompanying you to get your car. They are the dedicated Police team actively working to put these conmen away.
    Good Luck ... keep us all posted of how you get on please.

Just to add our story to this thread, we sent our car to Bray Engineering in January 2011 for a check of engine problems.They rang to say that it required a new engine and gave a quote for a second hand one 2437.90 inc vat.
    We agreed to this price and bacs'ed the money as they said they couldn't start work untill they were paid for. As they had to purchase the engine.
    We were told 7 to 10 days, after two weeks and no contact we phoned to be told, we are having diagnostic problems, our engineers are looking into it but I can't say when it will be fixed.
    We were due to go on holiday mid feb, so we had to hire a car to get us there. We rang Bray when we got back, still no joy, leave it a couple more weeks. Many phone calls, and very rude people and many, many excuses we were at a loss as to what to do next.We were 200 miles away and we had paid Bray 250 to collect the car and take it to their garage.I contacted our local police who said to contact the Met Police and trading Standards.We asked Met police if they could provide an officer to prevent breach of peace if we went to collect our car, they agreed.
    By april, getting very worried, contacted trading standards who told us to write a letter, as others have been told to do, we did this, got a reply wrote another got another reply.Just about to make arrangement to collect the car when we saw the first raid by the Met police in the paper and on the internet Contacted Met, who said they were invetigating and to write and tell Bray to stop work on my car immediatley, and to report the car as stolen to my insurance, again which we did.
    Unfortunatley the police have not listed it in their data base to DVLA as stolen, so insurance company sat on it.
    Got a demand to tax or sorn it from DVLA, which I was reluctant to do, it was not on road so I was not taxing it, but it was not in my posesion so I was not able to guantee it was not on the public highway either. DVLAl's solution to was to remove my name as registed keeper for time being.
    I wrote and asked them to keep me as registered keeper, as if THE police recovered my car and no keeper could be found would it get scrapped.

Finally before christmas police wrote to me saying they had closed Bray down and arrested the owner and that they had my car and would contact me in the new year to arrange for me to collect my car. One year on it is being collected tommorow, insurance have been to look at it and say the engine is in it, but we are not sure wheather it is the original engine or a different one, will have to wait and see. And no sign of getting money back either and now I carn't afford to pay for more repaires, I am hoping insurance will sort out.
    Last edited by crafty mum; 14-02-12 at 15:44.

We consider ourselves to be very lucky to get our car back so quickly. It was only with them for two weeks, we did get it back the first time we went down there with a recovery truck and without ringing Roy Dart first to warn him we were on our way. All in all it cost us to get the car back from them, plus the recovery costs and then we had to buy an engine from Ebay as ours was beyond repair and get it fitted by a reputable mechanic and it still cost us less than what was quoted. Although we are glad that for us the nightmare is over, we feel so sorry for all of you that are still going through this and hope you all get it sorted out and that all those involved in these scams get their just rewards

stitch up.

thanks for advice

kind regards

cindy

Default Who Is Ronnie ?

Quote Originally Posted by Richyp View Post
    Sadly, I have also been conned by reconditioned engines. These guys have had my engine for 4 months and still haven't managed to put it back together. 17 days ago I gave them written notification that the contract was now terminated. I was promised that my engine would be returned to me today (Yep, another Ronnie promise)! At 1730 this evening I called to get the shipping details from "Ronnie" and he (Ronnie) put me on hold for "just 2 second Sir" , after 20mins I called on my other phone to be told that "Ronnie left for the day 15 mins ago"

I have contact Stuart Honey at operationbonchester and reported my engine as stolen and also reported the company to trading standards.

Does anyone know "Ronnie's" last name?

I am more than willing to help anyone in any way, shape or form that can close this company down and prevent others suffering the same misery.
    'Ronnie' is suspected to be Ronald Halford. He seems to run the transport wing of the outfit. Hope that helps...

The police is helpless. They can not do anything.just waste your time. You have to do something by your own.

They are useless and cannot help anyone. The police gave me refrecnce on 16/02 but still they are wasting time.the police is helpless and I honestly don't have trust in Met police.

Default reconditionedengines.co.uk DONT USE

Don't use con artists
    people polite on phone they give you a price we was quoted 1650 plus vat for engine rebuild you take you vehicle then they email you with engine report and the price goes up to 4050.00 stating many things broken. Told them to stop work not paying that then emailed bill for 390 for work carried out basically taking engine out and throwing it in the back of the van. We picked it up they had bad attitues when i looked in back of van engine everywhere, i stood and watched them throw the rest of the engine in the van no respect. Since then someone that is doing the job now has told me we will need a new radiator as they have just put all engine parts on it and damaged it.:
    many people have made complaints about this company its about time something was done, but all they do is change there trading name

Pity you didn't read this: http://www.rac.co.uk/forum/showthrea...nes-DO-NOT-USE

It is one of the biggest threads on here.