Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Doing Today.

Hi wagolynn, she has started one already, and when you turn the page, it does it exactly like it does when using a real book.

Its so realistic, its scary!
    You can change the brightness and use soft colour paper backgrounds as well as change the size and type of text.

It will be interesting to see your opinion after the honeymoon is over Smudger. Is it possible to read like you read a book, for hours? I find it difficult to read text off the computer screen (yes I have had new specs ) and other people have said the same but I cannot curl-up with a computer screen, like I can with a book.

Aye! it does feel like a real book, (especially when you turn over the pages)

The screen is H/D and my wife, who cant read a computer screen without her reading glasses, can read the text on it, without her reading glasses!

To give you an idea of just how good they are, go into a shop that sells them, and try it out for yourself, but I just know if you did that, you would buy one

The cover we bought on Ebay arrived today, and now she can leave it sitting up, at any angle she wants, without having to hold it!
    (7.99, with Free P&P)
    And a Free screen protector as well.

Sounds like the bees knees Smudger, I had better not go looking otherwise Mrs Wagolynn will be complaining about our budget...

Well, it was expensive for s to buy, but if it keeps my wife happy, and gives her something to do to pass the time, its OK with me

Our lad says we will still be finding Apps that it can do, even after we have had it for weeks!

I have just spent the past two days digging out the cement I had put down at the house edge of the patio.

I had filled it in, while grouting the patio to tidy it up, but then I noticed that the rain water wouldn't drain away when it rained.

Not such a good idea after all

(Plus the fact that who ever laid that patio, had sloped it towards the house, what a plonker)

I've just read this and got curious about the device, I thought you was talking about an Amazon Kindle.

Aye! MrDanno, the I-Pad does a lot more than the Amazon Kindle. You can surf the Internet with it along with a lot of other things that computers do.

It doesn't have a DVD/CD drive though, but you can Stream music/films and photos onto it, you can even stream a film from it directly to your TV.

In fact it can do so many things, that even after using it for a week or so, we are still finding other things it can do, they really are amazing things.

We only got it for my wife really, as she cant get out of the house much these days.

They look great but, I'm not a fan of Apple products.

Your welcome tracyk859, hope you get stuck in and get some posts up