Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car no spare wheel

Default New Car no spare wheel

is it realy practical to sell a new vehichle without a spare of any kind ? i have just walked away from buying a Ford S max for this reason, no spare no option to buy one just a complicated squerty can of glup - good for a 2 mile limp of the motorway perhaps.

Default No Spare!!

Dear KissCycles, check out the rest of the forum for other postings on this. I've just returned from working overseas and bought a BMW which doesn't have a spare! But then it is an optional extra on Volvo! They assure me it is unlikely to puncture but if it does I can drive to a garage or call BMW out. However, tyre is useless afterwards as cannot be repaired. I wouldn't mind taking out an insurance against this but even RAC who I insure with couldn't find a broker to cover this. Anybody got any ideas??

hi im a new member but i am also a staff member for rac breakdown. have you thought about setting iup an account with a tyre agent such as motorway tyres or ats i beleive both of these do mobile callouts in the event of a roadside puncture. hope this helps

Default No spare - very common

No spare on cars is becoming more common - run flats or gel packs seem to be the way most people are going. Apparently it is progress....what's wrong with an inner tube!

I have a Honda Accord with the latex system. I had a puncture last night (in the dark and fog). Unfortunately the nail made such a big hole (2mm) the latex wouldn't seal it and I couldn't pump the tyre up again. I had to call for recovery and be taken home with the car on the back of a 30ft lorry. All because of a puncture.

A colleague has a similar car and the same happened to him. He managed to get air in the tyre by putting his finger over the puncture hole while inflating, then getting home as fast as possible before it went down again. He then went to Honda to get a fresh supply of goo and was told they don't stock it! And they didn't know where he could get it! He (and I now) invested in a space-saver wheel for 100

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo124 View Post
    No spare on cars is becoming more common - run flats or gel packs seem to be the way most people are going.
    Isn't that the truth. Kerb your motor and that tyre isn't going to play ball with any foam, especially if off the rim.
    Also the habit of supplying a "Space Saver" can be ludicrous at times.
    Back in an old life of mine I attended a Porsche with a flat, and after fitting the little "Space Saver", the very elegant lady passenger had to share the seating area with a flat tyre
    Last edited by Call Clear; 08-11-06 at 07:52.

i havent got one with my civic either, bit of a bummer really

i still think the blow up space savers are the best iv bin called to 2 cars now where the member changed wheel but didnt inflate it before fitting

Default no spare

I have only got a temporary thin thing as a spare in my rover,my first 2 cars had "real" ones. What is going on! I thought it was illegal not to carry a spare,have the rules changed?:

no its not against the law not to have one but you will fail an mot for a bald spare if its in the car