Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 2,251 Posts
    27-04-24
  2. 48,760 Posts
    Today
  3. 12,533 Posts
    Yesterday
  4. Off Topic

Let's talk about everything and anything else
    Latest post: Theft by
    10,947 Posts
    Today
  5. 904 Posts
    16-04-24
  • Theft
    The problem is that if the defendant (AKA guilty b*stard) claims there was no mens rea, then it is up to a court to determine. The police and CPS... see more
  • Theft
    Inserting appropriate caveats... IMO, at the point of taking a sealed parcel, it is reasonable to assume that their mens rea was to permanently... see more
  • Drive in health checks ?
    What kind of thing do you want doing every week? Anything that needs doing that often, you can do yourself. I can't imagine it being economical,... see more
  • Theft
    If I understand correctly, theft is "unauthorised removal of property with the intention of permanently depriving" Crucially, if you give it back... see more
  • Drive in health checks ?
    Are they worth having. I am responsible for my company car so wish I could have a drive in garage who will take of it every week. What are your... see more
  • European Entry/Exit System (EES)
    ​​​​​​​Later this year, we expect the EU Entry/Exit System (EES) to be introduced. For a more comprehensive overview, check out this RAC article. ... see more
  • What Gave Me 'The Hump' Today
    This is not new, it's been that way pretty well forever. So far as I recall form my school-days (sixty years ago) it can only be used with a court... see more
  • What Gave Me 'The Hump' Today
    I went to vote today. Handed over my Voting Card ad Driving Licence. He called out a number to the lady handing out the Ballot Papers, three today... see more
  • What made me happy today
    I saw this tweet whilst doom scrolling and it brought a smile to my face... I hope you enjoy it too. 😀 see more
  • I have been reading other Forums.Some are really Brutal ??
    Hi Zongalero, Welcome to our Community! Have a look around, ask some questions, share your own knowledge and experiences, then put your feet... see more
  • I have been reading other Forums.Some are really Brutal ??
    Is there any need?? I have scrolled through a number of threads on here and it is really civillised. Hands up if you have made a driving... see more
  • North Coast 500 . . .
    I have been tempted by a Scotland trip several times but keep going off the idea. I do love driving but get bored quickly - 3 hours to Yorkshire is... see more
  • My first experience with an EV
    I hear the argument a lot that they are here to stay, get used to it, if you have a problem with them it’s your problem because they are perfect, or... see more
    The car slowing when you take your foot off the accelerator is regenerative braking. Rather than get rid of the inertia the car has accumulated by... see more
  • Is LabMechanix any good?
    Just wanted to leave a note as I just had my first service in the UK with LabMechanix yesterday and wanted to say the customer service was up to... see more
  • North Coast 500 . . .
    If you're planning a trip to/around Scotland and looking for areas of natural beauty, you'll be spoilt for choice. I imagine other community... see more
  • Owner Ignorance of Bells and Whistles
    Whilst this made me chuckle, I also know I'd do the same thing. I'm pretty sure there are buttons in my car which I've never pressed and I don't... see more
  • Obsession with fuel economy
    Funnily enough, a friend of mine recently changed their car to a younger model. They did point out that as it's a hybrid it'll be more fuel... see more
  • Me again! MOT questions 🥹
    I've just booked in for an MOT and interim service (next month), I'll make a note to come back and share the total cost. 🤞 there won't be any... see more
  • Dual carriage way
    Hi @Paytonb63, I've been driving for a number of years (and so far) I haven't been pulled over, but I can imagine this would make me a little... see more
  • Legal Care Plus - clarity around cover for other family members
    Hi @tarun, Be sure to come back and let the community know what the outcome was. ​​​​​​​Thanks. see more
    I'm surprised to hear this. These days, it is pretty rare that I encounter a petrol station which doesn't provide hose that reach both sides of... see more
    I guess most of us only read the manual when things go wrong. I recall an article in a car magazine where their reviewer drove across France in their... see more
    Wow that is quite something ha ha Today my car sensed a van on the opposite side of the road and it beeped at me very loudly and a large picture... see more
    A friend asked me to 'have a look' at his son's new car as it was behaving 'strangely'. The son took me out for a drive, and we were on a country... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    I, very briefly, worked for an insurance approved workshop. The first week they forced a third-party manufactured front bumper on a car, and I was... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    OK, then as mentioned, you need to speak to the third party insurers and tell them that you are not satisfied with the quality of work carried out,... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    OK, so those are the insurers you should be talking to. see more
  • Car accident repairs
    @TC1474 my partner just reminded me that we did not sign off when taking delivery of the car because the weather was horrendous and the guy said... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    Yes using the young lad who caused the crash insurance see more