Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,136 Posts
    04-05-24
  2. 2,251 Posts
    27-04-24
  3. General Driving Discussions

Conversations about driving, gadgets, travel, breakdowns and safety
    Latest post: Are Cars Spying On Us? by
    48,266 Posts
    Today
  4. 12,542 Posts
    Today
  5. 10,961 Posts
    Today
  6. 713 Posts
    16-04-24
  • School Memories
    If at first you don't succeed... đŸ˜‚ see more
  • School Memories
    We had a very 'hands on' teacher at my Primary School. We made a hot air balloon out of metal coat hangers and tissue paper. Set it off in the... see more
  • What made me happy today
    Thanks for that, I didn't know. I think it's wonderful the way some of our place names are pronounced. see more
  • Theft
    There is a clause in the Theft Act which covers being deprived of the use of your property. Possibly also covered by Human Rights Act. Most of our... see more
  • Are Cars Spying On Us?
    I remember reading a story a while ago. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/owner-discovers-rare-50000-audi-7207521 I see no reason why any Audi... see more
  • Theft
    There have been no felonies in English law since 1967, so "feloniously" is meaningless. see more
  • Theft
    Felonious taking - not ‘unauthorised’ taking see more
  • Vehicle not showing up on MyRAC app
    How long does it take for my vehicle details to show up on the MyRAC app. see more
  • Are Cars Spying On Us?
    You may have more legal protection than we do. " There are no federal laws regulating what carmakers can collect or do with our driving data. And... see more
    In case you don't know, Eaton Socon is pronounced Eaton Suesoon. Just thought I'd mention that:) see more
    Went to visit my daughters yesterday. The oldest one took us to Eaton Socon. There is a Hotel Chocolat retail outlet there with a cafe. Their hot... see more
  • Could flying cars 'takeoff'?
    There have been a few flying cars over the years, none of which really took off. (Forgive the pun.) I think they have all been particularly ugly,... see more
    Unless they were fully automated i.e. not having some kind of autopilot but having no user controls at all, I would have thought they would only be... see more
    Have i imagined this, or was there a car (I want to say in the 70's) which was loosely designed on the aerodynamics of an aeroplane wing - I guess to... see more
    My understanding is that road and flying vehicles have so little in common that a viable hybrid is simply not practicable. Cars and planes have... see more
    This isn't the first time the flying cars have been proposed, but could this be the era when these vehicles become a commercial reality? Source:... see more
  • Are Cars Spying On Us?
    How likely? Slightly less likely than that some people will believe any conspiracy theory they hear. see more
  • Random insurance question
    The requirement to provide details applies where there has been an accident "owing to the presence of a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or... see more
  • Random insurance question
    There’s a video doing the rounds recently A car is parked at the side of the road with engine off and all doors closed, unaccompanied. Cyclist... see more
  • Waiting times for rescue
    Sorry not trying to be snarky but why did you need to call them out for a flat battery if you were at home?? Unless you had their battery replace... see more
  • Are Cars Spying On Us?
    @Rolebama How likely is it that car and insurance companies could covertly work in cahoots without getting caught?... see more
  • European Entry/Exit System (EES)
    This sounds similar to American airport security see more
  • Waiting times for rescue
    Has anyone out there experienced long waits for patrol to attend a breakdown? We had a flat battery one evening, fortunately we were at home, as the... see more
  • Accident whilst reverse parking
    In damage only crashes, there is no legal requirement to exchange insurance details. I mention this because the number of crashes I have dealt... see more
    @Michelleg0000 Did you take any pictures, especially pictures showing where your vehicle was located and where the third party came from and... see more
    Hi @Michelleg0000, Welcome to the Community! I'll let others share their thoughts on liability, but did you both share insurance details? What... see more
  • Cameras on Anglesey
    I'm not sure, is it possible they're linked to the 20mph speed limit? see more
  • Interesting cars seen when out and about
    R.e. the Bugatti - I read that the tyres last 2,500 miles and cost £10k, and the wheels need replacing after every 4th tyre change at £60k - I... see more
  • Are Cars Spying On Us?
    To answer your question. Yes cars are spying on drivers for the insurance companies and for targeted advertising.... see more
  • Solid white lines
    The rules have not changed and the offence remains as it has been since the introduction of the 1988 road traffic act namely - section 36(1) of the... see more