Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,136 Posts
    04-05-24
  2. 254 Posts
    Today
  3. 2,251 Posts
    27-04-24
  4. General Driving Discussions

Conversations about driving, gadgets, travel, breakdowns and safety
    Latest post: Red light by
    48,045 Posts
    Today
  5. 12,593 Posts
    Today
  6. 10,976 Posts
    Today
  7. 713 Posts
    16-04-24
  • Need help with claim
    Its your money 🤔 If you think it is going to do you any good, then fair play, but having dealt with more of these types of crashes than I can shake... see more
  • Third Party Threats
    Personal message sent with contact details and a covering note see more
  • Hypothetical incidents
    Unless you can prove that a third party was involved, then yes, you will be deemed liable. The actual law states An accident is deemed to have... see more
  • Red light
    ATS cameras are rear facing only so as already stated it will only show the make, model of vehicle and the registration mark. But look and see if... see more
  • 2 injury claims in a my fault claim
    How about a bit more detail? Circumstances and details if what makes you think it might be a cash for crash scam. You have only given a partial... see more
  • Hypothetical incidents
    As far as I am aware insurers insist on insured not admitting liability. So, hypothetically, I would be of the opinion that your insurer would be... see more
  • EV Footprint facts
    To me, the biggest catch on EVs is the Govt looking at the loss of income from fuel duty and the VAT. What outrageous scheme will be dreamt up to... see more
  • Assets/care home fees and inheritance
    There are numerous catches and clauses around your question. My personal reaction would be to point out that I have already paid for my care through... see more
  • Hypothetical incidents
    Just a pure curiosity-motivated question I have an avoidable but "lesser-of-two-evils" collision where I am the only vehicle involved, involving... see more
  • 2 injury claims in a my fault claim
    Categorically there was only one male driver..we were discussing things for an hour.No cctv or dash cam. I have reported this to my insurance and... see more
  • Assets/care home fees and inheritance
    I should know this but just wondering if anyone has any experience Say hypothetically I had to go into a care home, and was forced to sell my home... see more
  • Renewing Breakdown cover via Paylink Mobile [Global Payments]
    Hi @Sheu, Has your RAC account now updated to show that the renewal has been paid? see more
  • What made me happy today
    That was where I did a driving experience thing a while back in an Elise That was one hell of a car, I'd say it drove as well as a "luxury" car... see more
  • How often should I get a service?
    @Ethan24, no worries. Remember, the community can help with almost any motoring question you may have. You're always welcome. 🙂 see more
    @Mark07 thank you so much for taking the time, much appreciated see more
    @Santa is right. I took this extract from this RAC website; "Most manufacturers recommend putting your car in for a service at least once a year,... see more
  • EV Footprint facts
    The materials used in lithium based batteries all come from the same sources, sometimes involving child labour, so the environmental issue is the... see more
  • EV Footprint facts
    My apologies, I did misquote. see more
    @Santa brilliant, thank you see more
    every twelve months (or 12,000 miles) see more
  • Third Party Threats
    There was a time when, after a minor bump, it was reasonably safe to come to an arrangement with the other driver. I did it myself a couple of times... see more
  • Speed limiters in July
    I once drove a customer's car on the M25 whose owner said it would not go any faster then 70mph. He was quite right, even on the long downhill... see more
    I remember going to Lotus factory near Wymondham, which is pronounced as Windham some years ago. It was only because there was a brown sign for Lotus... see more
    I’m happy today because I have an old stockbroking account with Hargreaves Lansdown that I used to fool around with as a teenager thinking I was... see more
    I didn’t know that about Eaton Socon If you want to be really puzzled, try working out how some of the Norfolk towns are pronounced see more
  • Third Party Threats
    You may not want to read the following as it did not have a good outcome. My friend was in an almost identical situation. First car hit him, he was... see more
  • M25 junction 16/17
    Those junctions are local to me, and I would suggest the following: Come off the M25 at J16 onto M40 . (There are two slips here so take the 2nd one,... see more
  • Red light
    @Beelzebub thank you for your reply, so there’s no way for me to see who was actually driving, I suspect who had stole my car and would love to... see more
  • Red light
    I believe that if you received notification you can ask for copies of photos. see more