Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,275 Posts
    Today
  2. 2,251 Posts
    27-04-24
  3. General Driving Discussions

Conversations about driving, gadgets, travel, breakdowns and safety
    Latest post: North Coast 500 . . . by
    48,757 Posts
    Today
  4. 12,533 Posts
    Today
  5. 286 Posts
    23-04-24
  6. 10,941 Posts
    26-04-24
  7. 904 Posts
    16-04-24
  • Is LabMechanix any good?
    Just wanted to leave a note as I just had my first service in the UK with LabMechanix yesterday and wanted to say the customer service was up to... see more
  • North Coast 500 . . .
    If you're planning a trip to/around Scotland and looking for areas of natural beauty, you'll be spoilt for choice. I imagine other community... see more
  • Owner Ignorance of Bells and Whistles
    Whilst this made me chuckle, I also know I'd do the same thing. I'm pretty sure there are buttons in my car which I've never pressed and I don't... see more
  • Obsession with fuel economy
    Funnily enough, a friend of mine recently changed their car to a younger model. They did point out that as it's a hybrid it'll be more fuel... see more
  • Me again! MOT questions πŸ₯Ή
    I've just booked in for an MOT and interim service (next month), I'll make a note to come back and share the total cost. 🀞 there won't be any... see more
  • Dual carriage way
    Hi @Paytonb63, I've been driving for a number of years (and so far) I haven't been pulled over, but I can imagine this would make me a little... see more
  • Legal Care Plus - clarity around cover for other family members
    Hi @tarun, Be sure to come back and let the community know what the outcome was. ​​​​​​​Thanks. see more
  • My first experience with an EV
    I'm surprised to hear this. These days, it is pretty rare that I encounter a petrol station which doesn't provide hose that reach both sides of... see more
    I guess most of us only read the manual when things go wrong. I recall an article in a car magazine where their reviewer drove across France in their... see more
    Wow that is quite something ha ha Today my car sensed a van on the opposite side of the road and it beeped at me very loudly and a large picture... see more
    A friend asked me to 'have a look' at his son's new car as it was behaving 'strangely'. The son took me out for a drive, and we were on a country... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    I, very briefly, worked for an insurance approved workshop. The first week they forced a third-party manufactured front bumper on a car, and I was... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    OK, then as mentioned, you need to speak to the third party insurers and tell them that you are not satisfied with the quality of work carried out,... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    OK, so those are the insurers you should be talking to. see more
  • Car accident repairs
    @TC1474 my partner just reminded me that we did not sign off when taking delivery of the car because the weather was horrendous and the guy said... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    Yes using the young lad who caused the crash insurance see more
    It took me a while to get used to the throttle when I was given an electric courtesy car. As you say if you lift off the car slows down significantly... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    If I've understood the OP correctly, he was dealing with the third party's insurer, not his own. Perhaps he could clarify? see more
  • Car accident repairs
    Did you sign off the vehicle as being repaired to a satisfactory state when you collected it? If you did, this might cause an issue as it is normal... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    What if I don't feel safe in the car anymore and don't want the repairs rectified? Am I within my rights to have it written off ? ​​​​​​​ see more
    An interesting report. Any car can develop a fault, so I would just chalk that one up to experience. Charging in the rain (and we do seem to... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    @Chris22 You need to talk to your insurance company. They should arrange an inspection to verify that the repairs were unsatisfactory and then get it... see more
    I hired a car recently. I chose an EV because it was cheaper, and also because I was (which is a rarity) by myself without my young family, so I knew... see more
  • Dual carriage way
    @Santa i know what you're saying but like i said im knew now 1 police car or bike behind me yeah , 3 i was a little startled lol see more
  • Crossed red traffic light by going reverse.
    As already mentioned, an NIP is not a conviction for anything it is simply letting you know that consideration is being given as to whether to... see more
    @Beelzebub. Oh thank you so much for these clarifications. I’m really relieved . β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ‘ see more
    1. The traffic light cameras are triggered when a vehicle passes over a sensor. They take two photos, to prove the vehicle was moving. In your case,... see more
    @TC1474 Thanks for your explanations. Unfortunately they have installed traffic lights cameras on the junction because there have been lot of... see more
  • Car accident repairs
    We were in a car accident a few months ago and the car was repaired through the driver who caused the accident insurance and who has also admitted... see more
    Years ago I was being tailgated on approach to traffic lights which turned red. I did not think I could safely stop, and as the lights had only just... see more