Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,165 Posts
    Today
  2. 263 Posts
    05-06-24
  3. 47,900 Posts
    Today
  4. Legal, Insurance & Finance

Questions about claims and cover or buying and selling
    Latest post: Insurance claim help by
    12,449 Posts
    Today
  5. 9,480 Posts
    Yesterday
  6. 717 Posts
    03-06-24
  • Insurance claim help
    I have no idea, but I think they may be as confused as I am now on re-reading the OP. He was dealing with the 3rd party insurer ,but they're now... see more
  • Insurance claim help
    I was very surprised by Beelzebub's comments above, and have just come off the phone with FSO. Beelzebub is quite correct and their advice is to... see more
  • Driving Wrong Way With Extra Stupid
    @Rolebama, sorry to hear this, it sounds pretty scary to me. Cars can be repaired/replaced, but thankfully you're ok! Personally, the only time I... see more
  • Insurance claim help
    @Beelzebub, do you think the citizens advice bureau may be able to help? see more
  • Peugeot 308 wheel bearing problems
    Thanks for coming back to share this and I'm glad you got to the bottom of it - I'm sure this post will be useful for someone else, hopefully they... see more
  • Driving Wrong Way With Extra Stupid
    I think we have probably all heard of incidents of people driving the wrong way on motorways and dual carriageways. I have twice experienced it, and... see more
  • Insurance claim help
    The OP's dispute is with the 3rd party insurer, with whom he has no contract. AIUI the FSO deal only with disputes between insurers and their... see more
  • Insurance claim help
    My advice is to phone the Financial Services Ombudsman, and be guided by them. 020 7964 0500. I have used them in the past, and was very happy with... see more
  • Peugeot 308 wheel bearing problems
    I've figured out the problem the new hub cone was too small causing the hub to torque up before the bearing made contact with the drive shaft face.... see more
  • Ugliest cars in your opinion
    I've never been a fan of the Fiat Multipla's design. ​​​​​​​ see more
  • Feeling defeated: looking for advice
    Hello everybody. First time poster here looking for some help with an unpleasant situation. I have been struggling to procure a driving licence... see more
  • Insurance claim help
    I was wondering if anyone in here could help me out with an insurance claim. On 14th June, someone reversed into my parked car causing damage to... see more
    I don’t find the car particularly ugly but more the image it portrays … the BMW XM might as well have a nose stuck to its grille so that it can look... see more
  • My advice for learner drivers
    I was going to add the exact same thing - I think I had 15-20 hours of lessons but I’d be the family chauffeur whenever my parents needed to go out... see more
  • Me again! MOT questions 🥹
    Not bad Mark - is that an RAC service including a staff discount??! 🙃 see more
  • Responsible schools and colleges
    In the late 80s and the 90s, one of my neighbours ran charity for terminally ill children. They bought a minibus for use as an ambulance. The dealer... see more
  • One rule you’d change to make driving better
    I had an idea years ago that cars should have linked impact explosives around the car, so that in the event of a collision both cars would be... see more
  • fordfocus
    I think I would start with checking alternator output and then battery. Alternator output should be around 13.8 to 14.4volts, Battery should be... see more
  • Me again! MOT questions 🥹
    ​​​​​​​ MOT £35 + Interim Service £99 (+VAT) see more
    Have you ever seen a Rolls-Royce Cullinan? It looks like a Ssanyong that someone has welded an RR radiator onto. see more
  • Would You Drive This Car?
    my daughter would love that. She's only 5 though :D see more
    also no offence if you own these cars. Mine's a 10 yr old Mokka. lol see more
    What do we reckon? One an "older" car and one a bit more modern. Modern - BMW X6, someone near me has one and it just doesn't look right.... see more
  • School Memories
    I have a funny memory with my best friend.😂 Me and my best friend were running with the pigs in the street in front of our class teacher.😁 see more
  • Renault Clio 3 2007 issue
    Most likely, a problem with the ignition switch. It shouldn't be an expensive fix. see more
  • Renault Clio 3 2007 issue
    I have a 2007 Renault Clio dynamique manual petrol car, ​​​​​​​Sometimes when I take the key out the engine is still running, I have to stall the car... see more
  • fordfocus
    I have a 2009 focus s 1.8 tdci. For some weeks now my car has been plagued with limp mode problems. The garage has changed the fuel filter, the egr... see more
  • Car Battery Advice
    Halfords asked me to put my car reg in and recommended those options. The car about 10 years old, I don't have start/stop tech. see more
  • Bad experience with RAC
    A few years back my local garage replaced my discs and pads with my MOT. One year later they told me the fronts needed replacing again. see more
  • EV handling?
    Me too, they are still too expensive though. see more