Explore our comprehensive RAC Caravan Insurance

Get a quote   

Caravan Insurance

RAC Caravan Insurance gives you peace of mind when you are travelling or at home with a specialist policy that protects against loss or damage.

Up to 182 days of EU cover

Vandalism and accidental damage cover

5 years new for old cover

If you prefer to get a quote over the phone, simply call us on 0330 159 1475.

  1. Why Choose RAC Caravan Insurance?
    We are the motoring experts, and with 120 years’ experience of serving our customers, you know your caravan will be in safe hands when you buy with the RAC.
  2. What am I covered for?
    Our cover will protect you in case of accidents and theft. You are covered for fire, explosion, lightning and earthquakes.
  3. What freedom does it give me?
    With RAC Caravan Insurance you will receive up to 182 days EU cover and up to 15 days loss of use cover.

All the information you need to amend your policy or make a claim


RAC Campervan Insurance to protect your pride and joy


RAC also provide Motorhome Insurance whether you on the road or at home

We also offer

Our comprehensive Car Insurance Plus is packed with features and benefits and has a Defaqto 5 Star Rating.


10% multicar discount for up to three additional cars so you can cover your whole family.


Protect your classic car with an insurance package that is tailored to meet the needs of you and your vehicle.


Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Does caravan insurance cover the contents of my caravan?
Yes, as long as you specify the amount you wish to cover when you take out the policy.
Q. Will you cover the cost to recover my caravan?
The policy will cover emergency removal of the caravan when it cannot be towed.
Q. Are caravans covered under a standard car insurance policy?
Specific damage to the caravan or loss of contents would not be covered by a car policy.
Q. Are there limits to the size of caravan a car can tow?

Most cars have a maximum weight, please check your hand book for limits. Alternatively you can check the gross train weight on the Vehicle Identification Number plate usually found under the bonnet or on the inside of the driver’s door.

Legally the maximum trailer width for any towing vehicle is 2.55m. The maximum length for a trailer towed by a vehicle weighing up to 3,500kg is 7 metres. The length does not include the A-grade.

Q. Do I need a different driving licence to tow a caravan?
See https://www.gov.uk/towing-with-car for legal towing requirements.
Q. Does my insurance cover me to travel outside the UK?
Yes your insurance will cover you for most countries in Europe. Full details can be found in your policy booklet.
Q. Do you insure static caravans?
Q. Do you insure touring caravans left on a site for a season (UK and abroad)?
We insure touring caravans left on site in the UK only.
Q. Is there a maximum speed limit when towing a caravan?
For maximum speed limits while towing a caravan please refer to https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits.
Q. Will insurance cover me for damage done by my pets?
No, damage caused to your caravan by your pets will not be covered under this policy.
Q. Am I prohibited from transporting certain items in my caravan, i.e. power generators, gas cylinders, etc.?
The transport of dangerous goods regulations do not apply to private goods.  However it is recommended that you keep potentially hazardous items in locked storage (usually provided).
Q. What can I do to make my caravan more secure?
Good quality trackers and alarms paired with wheel clamps and pad locks help to increase security.  Identity kits will ensure that you can identify your vehicle on recovery.

RAC Insurance is a trading name of RAC Financial Services Limited. Registered in England No. 5171817 Registered office: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall, WS5 4AW. RAC Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. RAC Caravan/Motorhome/Campervan Insurance is arranged and administered by Victor Millwell Insurance Agency Ltd. Registered in England no 01419341. Registered office: 8 Goresbrook Road, Dagenham, RM9 6UR, Victor Millwell Insurance Agency Ltd trading as VM Insurance Services, is an Independent Intermediary and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. T: 0330 159 1475 W: www.rac.co.uk/insurance

© 2018 RAC Motoring Services. All rights reserved.