Sales enquiries: 0330 159 1111

Home Insurance Help

Can I retrieve my home insurance quote?

You can retrieve your home insurance quote online here. Quotes remain valid and are saved for 30 days.

Back to top

Do I pay an excess if I make a home insurance claim?

Yes, you will need to pay an excess if you make a claim on your policy.

Back to top

Do you offer new-for-old replacement?

Yes, we'll normally replace your household items with new ones of the same specification, terms and conditions apply.

Back to top

How can I change the address on my home insurance policy?

If you need to change the address of the insured property (or to change your home address if you do not occupy the insured property), please call 0330 159 0985 Monday - Friday: 8am to 10pm, Saturday: 8am to 6pm, Sunday: 10am to 4pm.

Back to top

Is accidental damage covered by RAC Home Insurance?

RAC Buildings Insurance covers accidental damage to: fixed glass and sanitary ware and underground pipes.

RAC home contents insurance covers accidental damage to: satellite and other entertainment equipment.

You can extend your accidental damage cover for buildings or contents for an additional premium. This can be selected during the quote journey.

Back to top

Can I cancel my home insurance policy online?

You can't cancel your insurance policy online. Please call our Customer Services team on 0330 159 0985.

Back to top

How do I make a home insurance claim?

Please refer to the ‘Make a Claim’ page for further details.

Back to top

How many times a year can I get help if I purchase the Home Assistance Policy?

There is a £1,000 limit for call out, labour, parts and materials in respect of claims made during a period of insurance.

Back to top

Do you cover parts and labour for emergency repairs with the Home Assistance Policy?

For each incident there is a £1000 limit for call out, labour, parts and materials.

Back to top

How do I make a claim on my Home Assistance Policy?

Call 0330 159 1203, our 24 hour emergency helpline. An approved contractor will normally be sent out the same day and what's more, there is no excess to pay.

Back to top

What are the payment methods for home insurance?

We accept one-off payments by credit or debit cards, Continuous Payment Authorities on credit or debit cards or monthly payments by Direct Debit. To pay monthly you will need to enter into a credit agreement, credit is subject to status.

Back to top

RAC Insurance is a trading name of RAC Financial Services Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 5171817. Registered office: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall, WS5 4AW. RAC Car Insurance and RAC Home Insurance are arranged and administered by BISL Limited, which is an independent intermediary, and is underwritten by a panel of insurers. Registered in England no. 3231094. Registered office: Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough PE2 6YS. Both companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.