Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reported for dangerous driving?

Yep I hear you! and isn't it weird how it agrivates us to do that lane 1-3 and back to 1 to prove our point haha......I lived in the states for 4 years on big Texas 4/5/6 lane freeways where you can chose a lane and drive. Americans don't believe in using mirrors, are obsessed with being on the phone, drinking coffee and putting on make up while driving. So 'undertaking' is totally acceptable....

Im okay with undertaking but i guess the police would do me long before they halt the guys in lane 2!

Undertaking is not in itself an offence. The police would only take an interest if they thought that it was in their eyes, a dangerous manoeuvre. The subject has come up several times before on this forum.

I definitely will have cut the other driver up somewhat & accept that it wasn't the best. Not heard anything yet so judging from the replies I hope that's it.

Ironically I have an advanced driver course coming up next week (booked as I was interested in improving skills, which I think are probably needed given the thread subject)...last night I was having a pre-chat with the instructor on the phone & I quizzed him about this. His opinion was that it was a bit daft however sounded like I was in overall control of the situation. And that there's no way the police would even go to check CCTV etc in absence of dashcam footage unless there had been damage accused or injury. He felt that there were only the following instances where they would take a good look...

1. Crash - to verify statements
    2. If reported by police in first place
    3. If multiple serious allegations or something ridiculous - reversing down slipway etc.

He did say that just to close the file off I might get a note from police or a visit/call just to say that I had been warned & told about report.

How long do I need to sweat this one? Fully aware I'm over worrying but not a fan of this sort of stuff.

I would stop even thinking about it.....

If a Policeman comes to your door after all this time, they have nothing else to do that day and I would have to seriously bit my tongue not to advice them to go a do something more productive with their time?

As you can imagine everyone on here has a story of near misses and errors while driving....we are humans after all.

I don't think you need sweat at all. I understand that you're worried, but there is no chance of anything happening. The police are far too busy to deal with a report of mildly inconsiderate driving. Perhaps if your name came up many times from different folk, or in other circumstances like your advanced driver said, but I'd eat a small hat of your choice if they did anything on the back of such a minor report. That's assuming that the other motorist actually made one, he may well have been threatening either to get back at you, or just because he felt riled, and by the time he got home he'd forgotten about it. It's like the folk you see on those airport documentaries who mouth off and look idiots and say they're going to complain to X, Y and Z - half probably never bother.

Anyway, you have realised you made an error and have taken steps to brush up - all good.