Thread: Illegal speed cameras

Default Illegal speed cameras

Hi,

I’ve received a notice but I have already been in touch with the relevant constabulary about it, and was told the van was illegally parked. It was parked right outside a bus stop, in a designated bus lay by, with the bright yellow ‘bus stop’ writing on the ground, at the side of a dual carriage way. It had one if those long range cameras which clocked me coming off a roundabout doing 40 when it was actually a 30 zone apparently. Anyway not concerned about how fast I was coming off roundabout as it was one of the big three/four lane ones but obviously ******** ‘long range’ cam has clocked me for it without giving me chance or anyone else to slow down - unfair.

So anyone else any similar experience?

The van may have been parked illegally, but that does not help you with the speeding offence.

Speed cameras do not have to be visible, or display signs. You had your chance to slow down when you saw the 30 sign.

That’s just it, I didn’t see any signs as came off roundabout, and as it was a dual carriage way without any ‘hazards’ I thought it would be forty. You’re right about them not having to display any signs though, just rang penalty unit and no they don’t have to display any warnings hmm.. money must be tight. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Motleycrue View Post
    That’s just it, I didn’t see any signs as came off roundabout, and as it was a dual carriage way without any ‘hazards’ I thought it would be forty. You’re right about them not having to display any signs though, just rang penalty unit and no they don’t have to display any warnings hmm.. money must be tight. Thanks for your reply.
    Unless there are repeater signs telling you otherwise, a dual carriageway limit is 30 if there are streetlights, 70 if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Motleycrue View Post
    Hi,

I’ve received a notice but I have already been in touch with the relevant constabulary about it, and was told the van was illegally parked. It was parked right outside a bus stop, in a designated bus lay by, with the bright yellow ‘bus stop’ writing on the ground, at the side of a dual carriage way. It had one if those long range cameras which clocked me coming off a roundabout doing 40 when it was actually a 30 zone apparently. Anyway not concerned about how fast I was coming off roundabout as it was one of the big three/four lane ones but obviously ******** ‘long range’ cam has clocked me for it without giving me chance or anyone else to slow down - unfair.

So anyone else any similar experience?
    Is it the police that told you that it was parked illegally?

Yeah one of them has