Thread: Car written off and brought back

Default Car written off and brought back

Hi, my car was written off in Feb/March. It wasn’t much damage but an old car (2005) so I brought it back and fixed it myself. Should I have informed the dvla of this? My insurance company never advised me of this when I brought it back? And also when re insuring what do I need to tell potential new insurance companies? Accident was not my fault so no claims on my part.
    Thankyou.

You MUST tell DVLA as they will record the write off on the registration document. The car will also need a Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) carried out by DVLA at one of their centres.

Its all here: https://assets.publishing.service.go...__English_.pdf

All insurance companies will know the status of the car as your own insurance will have registered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    You MUST tell DVLA as they will record the write off on the registration document. The car will also need a Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) carried out by DVLA at one of their centres.
    Hi Hometune, the vic test scheme was scrapped.
    Which having had to go through it, I can only say was a good thing.

Thanks for the update Loony. I too had to go through it.