Thread: my petrol vauxhall corsa 1.4 sri 2011 sounds like a deisel

Unhappy my petrol vauxhall corsa 1.4 sri 2011 sounds like a deisel

Hello out there.
    I was wondering if someone could help me. My 2011 Vauxhall corsa 1.4 petrol has developed a knocking noise from the engine much like a diesel and when I try to put my foot down it starts to lag as if there isn't enough power, ive serviced it today it sounds slightly better but still has the diesel knock and still down on power, like if you change into a higher gear by accident it lags. I rev the car from idle and it seems to react slowly when accelerator is applied and delayed slightly coming back to idle. any ideas guys

Sounds like one of the sensors on the engine is faulty. The car has a knock sensor to prevent what you describe but a faulty cam sensor/crank sensor for example may cause this. The only way to know is to have a proper diagnostic test done on quality equipment.

Thank you for that Hometune.

Default location of knock sensor

Hi does anyone know where to locate the knock sensor on a 2011 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 petrol as I am having difficulty locating it or if anyone knows where I could find a diagram on its location. thanks guys.

Hi hometune, I had a mechanic come out today and he told me that the problem is the timing chain needing replacing at some cost which im trying to avoid because the symptoms im getting tallied up with what you advised me on and I also googled it with the same outcome as your advice only trouble is im not sure where to find the knock sensor, any ideas? the mechanic said to scrap it Vauxhalls are rubbish lol
    Last edited by mikey65; 15-05-19 at 17:53. Reason: spelling

The knock sensor is situated on the rear of the engine in the middle of the part called the block. It is a round black plastic unit held in place by a single bolt.
    It will look like one of these: https://www.google.com/search?q=cors...w=1366&bih=625

Hi I'm no mechanic but my sons 1.2 corsa on a 14 plate had a similar problem but in way of loss of power hesitant at times and loud engine noise which I thought was an exhaust/manifold problem. I changed the plugs and coil pack which made a big difference but still a has an engine noise but told by mechanic its now ok as the noise is normal with 1.2 engines p.s only done 25.000 miles too.