Thread: Signal light for the rear car

Default Signal light for the rear car

How do you signal for a car behind you to turn their high beams off or to back off, they're too close?

For the high beam, I have switched my rear fog light on and off a couple of times. You could try your hazards for the driver who is too close but really not much good if they drive like the idiots around here just a few miles from Bradford. The other group I find that drive up your chuff are youngish women drivers (on their own) who don't seem to have a grasp of the danger (or probably listening to their music)
    While 'brake testing' is very tempting, don't do it, as it could be seen as an offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    While 'brake testing' is very tempting, don't do it, as it could be seen as an offence.
    And they could crash into you

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kope View Post
    How do you signal for a car behind you to turn their high beams off or to back off, they're too close?
    Use your interior mirror dip facility, as to drivers too close generally they are totally unaware they are too close or even totally unaware!

Very GRADUALY slow down, and if possible make room for them to overtake or pull away until they are in the distance.