Thread: 1st time driver/buyer advice

Question 1st time driver/buyer advice

First post so bear with me
    I have been working towards my licence for some time and feel close to the finish line ... will find out on test day. I don't want to leave the car search until the last minute so starting some research now. I am hoping for some guidance here on car options based on my requirement:

Mature driver late 30's need something that will fit my young family of four ... one toddler one infant ... boot space for a buggy etc ... and the occasional mother in law. I have been learning on Peugeot 208 and 308 and feel comfortable in both but conscious perhaps too crammed?

Car type perhaps a hatchback costing under 2k. Just need something basic and safe for the first year.

Many thanks.

If you are on a budget I'd look at a well looked after Japanese car - especially Toyota Yaris/Auris. If they have been looked after they should last better than the Peugeot.

Agreed. Just keep looking and don't buy anything without a good idea of how well it's been looked after. A full service history would be a good start and you can check the MOTs online. Then you find someone knowledgable to go with you to look at it and bargain.

Thank you Santa, alan1302 appreciate the advice. I have started researching based on your feedback.