Thread: Car accident claim opinions...

Default Car accident claim opinions...

I had a car accident recently and am currently going through the process and I'm looking for opinions on the outcome.

I am going through his insurance as a non fault claim. The photo uploaded shows what happened.

Im the X, i was coming out of the petrol station across the junction into Kneele Gardens, the third party was coming from Kneele Gardens, which was on a green light (he says) at the time, and turning right on to the main road across my path. The traffic light is a normal red, amber and green and does not have the green illuminated arrow.

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/Ejnl

Opinons would be appreciated. Thanks!

Without any evidence to the contrary, it looks like he wasn't paying attention.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.39...7i13312!8i6656

On the face of it, it looks as though it will be contested by both parties, and be difficult to prove one way or the other.

The car leaving the filling station is the one that should have made sure that the road was clear before joining the road way.

Having said that, Green does not mean go, it means go if it is safe to do so.

So it hinges on who was actually where was when the car started to leave the filling station but I think the car passing the lights probably has the advantage.

I think, the insurers may well opt for 50/50 on the grounds that is too costly to go to court.

There's a junction like this in my area: a crossroads where one entrance is directly from a petrol station and is not directed by traffic lights, which all 3 other roads are. Extreme caution always required when emerging from the petrol station - working out which road is on green/red (you can't physically see any of the traffic lights) and anticipating when you can go when you seen the cars on another road come to a stop. I would agree with Wagolynn's interpretation.

From the petrol station I can see when traffic from both the right and left are on a red light so its not too bad as i can see steaight ahead whats coming. Even if his light was on green for him shouldnt he still be aware of giving way to on coming traffic as it's just a green light rather than a illuminated arrow. Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by conor1 View Post
    From the petrol station I can see when traffic from both the right and left are on a red light so its not too bad as i can see steaight ahead whats coming. Even if his light was on green for him shouldnt he still be aware of giving way to on coming traffic as it's just a green light rather than a illuminated arrow. Thanks for the replies!
    A green arrow would have been no different. The arrow allows you to cross the stop line: it does not give you priority.