Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyota IQ paint problems and people's expectation of a car's paint lifetime

Hi Kate
    Could you please advise on age and colour of your IQ?
    Can you also advise if manufacturer paid for respray?
    Do you happen to know what preparation the body shop made i.e. di they remove all the original white finishing paint and take the body back to a dull mid colour?grey

Hi Peter sorry for delay in replying.
    My IQ is 2012, colour Pearl White. The manufacturer paid for complete respray. We were told by the dealer who we dealt with they would take it right back to basics and as complete respray. They included all plastic to. Manufacturers did say they wouldn't cover plastic initially. The dealer said plastic needed to be done as well how can you have part of car resprayed. . We wasn't happy with the car at first it didn't look like Pearl White. So we refused first attempt. We are happy with it now second time round. We will be keeping a good eye on it incase it starts peeling again
    Kate

Ps. It wasn't easy to get them to agree to respray took several attempts standing in a couple of dealers demanding yo speak with head office and threatening with trading standards and court.

Sorry got year wrong it's a 2011.

Exclamation white 2012 IQ goodwill rejected by GERMAN TOYOTA dealer!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRF View Post
    In 2015 Toyota has agreed to pay for the respray of a number of vehicles as a "goodwill gesture".
    But in Sept 2016 they are now saying that there is a seven year limit on when claims can be made which unfortunately means any 2009 cars are now too old to benefit from this "goodwill gesture".
    ?
    Man my white Toyota IQ built 2012 got rejected my Toyota Germany in Cologne. Because they say guarantee is 3 years. I even applyed before the 7 year limit... Could you please prove me where this is stated from TOYOTA that for THIS IQ ISSUE its 7 years. its a scam for such a big company. ???