Thread: RAC Feedback

Thumbs up RAC Feedback

Had to call out breakdown service to my Ford Focus

Been having trouble with the car awhile, and could not work out what the problem was, local mechanic was lost about it.

The car did not travel well, did not like long trips, and there was a overheating smell that indicated that the car was going to not start again when we parked up at end of trip.

After a hour the car would start up perfectly and drive home.

When the car broke down and finally gave up the ghost, i called RAC and within the hour the mechanic arrived.

He knew exactly was the problem was, as he noticed that there was a common fault with older ford focus, which was the fuel pump.

Hence the overheating smell was the engine staved of fuel.

Towed my car home, next day got fuel pump fixed with new one, ever since the car drives well, even does long trips and now i feel confident to do long trips with no worries.

Good job done all thanks to this RAC breakdown mechanic.

Hi Karl

That's fantastic to read, I'm really pleased that the Patrol was able to get to you and diagnose the issue so quickly. If you could email your registration/membership details to care@rac.co.uk I'd love to get your feedback passed back to the patrol in question.

Best Wishes,

Hannah

Hi i have to say ive not had good experience with rac. They collected my moped from my driveway in shipley and didnt tie the bike down in the trailer and resulted in my bike falling over totally smashing the front panel and has also damaged my ignition which now wont turn. The collector took photographic evidence of when it left mine which showed no damage to the bike. The garage also confirmed it arrived there with all this damage which was proof it happened on the way there. Yet rac are refusing to payout and not taking responsibility to the damage their worker has caused. Im shocked by this

This is very typical of the RAC hoping you will go away like the the vast majority. Contact Consumer Direct https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...onsumer-issue/ and follow their advice and template letters that are easy to fill out. Keep a copy of ALL correspondence, time and dates of calls with names, departments etc and if they refuse to put this right, then take them to the small claims court using Moneyclaim Online, the government's website for the courts. https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome