Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: american needs insurance!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default american needs insurance!

    hi, I am an american now permanently residing in the UK. My hubby and I brought our minivan (people carrier) with us from the States. We cannot find insurance here as most companies require the car to be registered in UK AND for both of us to have UK driving liscences for AT LEAST 3 months. We are anxious to get on the road with our car. The reg process will take at least a month and obviously a liscence will take as long as it takes to study a manual and schedule a test...and we plan to do all this ...but still want insurance in the meantime to drive our van...

    Any suggestions on a UK insurance company that will insure us on a Japanese imported car without UK liscences and reg?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007


    you should try one of those sites that search different insurers for you like or or and enter asll the details in there and see what you get.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Smile Try RAC INSURE

    RAC insure can cover some "Grey Imports" give them a call see what they can do. 0800 404 7515

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Follow RAC:

Sales enquiries:

0330 159 1111

03 numbers are charged at national call rates and included in inclusive minute plans from landlines and mobiles. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded