Children treated over bus fumes

Fumes emitting from a school bus left two youngsters in need of hospital treatment, it has emerged.

The children were among four treated for carbon monoxide inhalation after travelling to Hamond's High School in Swaffham, Norfolk on the bus.

Ambulance crews treated two of the children at the roadside, but the remaining pair were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.

Lorna Marsh, spokeswoman for East of England Ambulance Service, said: "Crews in two rapid response vehicles and two ambulances assessed the casualties on scene before taking two of them to hospital.

"They were fully alert but having breathing difficulties.

"The rest of the children continued their journey to school."

Copyright Press Association 2012