Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That picture must only be shown after the 9 o'clock watershed.

Comment

But possibly not for ladies!

Comment

Or men!

Sorry D for F, hijacked your thread. Ford Capri - Essex man's E type. I've had 2 but never been to Essex and don't have a chest wig or medallion.
        Last edited by Hometune; 14-06-19, 16:52.

Comment

Wasn’t the Capri what Europe got instead of the Mustang? It’s a nice car!

Comment

Poor man's E type was often quoted many moons ago. I had a tiddly 1.3 but later saw the error of my ways and got the proper Essex 3.0 v6.

Comment

Hehe - nice!

Comment

I had four crappies and loved them, especially the 2.8i!!

Comment

So how many cars have you owned in your lifetime then?

I'm not going to list all mine as some are seriously embarrassing and I've wasted a huge amount of money swapping them. The reality is I've actually bought and owned 78!!!

Comment

“Crappies” is that the auto-correct or is that a name you give them based on their reliability?!?

Comment

Just an affectionate term!

Comment

Have been putting some money away each month for a while now, also partially gave up drinking and been putting the money away that would have been used for alcohol. Almost have enough in the fund for another watch...

Looking at a Panerai - I like the Radiomir. Just the basic time only stainless steel model. Think it would go well in the collection. Need to research the brand a bit!

Comment

My watch is a simple Accurist which was a birthday present. Nice thin case with clean no-nonsense dial.
                          I did have an Omega gold watch which was my late dad's long service award. Now in need of a clean and service, but not had this done as a never wear it. So I have passed it down as a heirloom for future generations and it currently rests in a safe until its next owner uses it.

Comment

It definitely seems like companies were more appreciative of long service back then!

Comment

Originally posted by Drivingforfun View Post
                              It definitely seems like companies were more appreciative of long service back then!
                              Not all. My late mum started work in a corsetry factory as a seamstress at 13, and worked at that factory for over 50 years. For her 50th year the boss gave her £50. And all the seamstresses had to pay for their needles and cotton - this ruling lasting beyond her retirement.

Oh, and the work was mostly at piecework rates - some products being easier than others to make money. My mum has seen some of the women rolling and fighting over the work in an effort to get the best work. It must have been a degrading sight!
                              Last edited by Snowball; 10-07-19, 18:31.

Comment

Wow!!

Comment

Working...
                                X