• Show
Clear All

Great! Thanks

Comment

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Drivingforfun View Post
        Test

Its people like you who cause me so much grief. Yesterday Mrs H dragged me all the way to a vehicle wrap place so she can have a Union Jack on the roof of her new Mini. Just a subdued grey and black one mind.

Comment

Haha. I bet that looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Hometune View Post
            So what on earth is going on now? In the General Driving Discussion someone called Becerillo has posted the same post 3 times. I reported this eons ago but nothing has been done to fix this?
            Today in General Discussion michaelyves has posted the usual illegal money nonsense that I have also reported. Why is this not moderated immediately?
            Come on RAC, get with it!
            Hi Hometune, as previously explained within another area of this forum... The forum will be moderated Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. Thank you, RAC

Comment

So today I come on to the forum to find all bar one new post to be spam or trolls. Moderating a forum only between 9-5 Mon-Fri is hopeless.
              You would have been better shutting it down altogether instead of the current mess we are in. There are only a few members, in fact very, very few, who bother to come on here regularly now and I'm seriously considering leaving. I think it has run its course.

Comment

I have to agree. There’s only about half a dozen regulars. I think the trolls and spammers are ruining it. How hard can it be to stop spammers? Surely moderate the first few posts for a set length of time would stop it.

Comment

Or make one or more of the long standing regulars a volunteer moderator? They do this on some other forums I use.

I agree though, while blocking new users’ posts pending moderation is inconvenient it is probably the best option.

Or IP banning spammers, if not already doing so, although it is very easy to use another IP address.
                  Last edited by Drivingforfun; 31-08-19, 17:37.

Comment

Morning all, thanks again for the feedback. We understand that this is an issue and has been for a while. We have outlined the times that we will be actively moderating and understand that there may be spam when we are not doing this. We are exploring options and will update with those but in the mean time if the suggestion of a making a super user of this forum a moderator is something one of you would like to do, then please let me know below. Thanks, RAC

Comment

Originally posted by MRenk View Post
                      Morning all, thanks again for the feedback. We understand that this is an issue and has been for a while. We have outlined the times that we will be actively moderating and understand that there may be spam when we are not doing this. We are exploring options and will update with those but in the mean time if the suggestion of a making a super user of this forum a moderator is something one of you would like to do, then please let me know below. Thanks, RAC
                      Only been here a year or so but as there are no other volunteers I’m happy to be a moderator to delete the spam posts if you think I’m suitable for it

Comment

Seconded!

Comment

As long as you’re not Dennis!

Comment

Morning all and thank you Drivingforfun for volunteering to be one of the moderators on the forum. We're currently working to implement a system where newly registered users will need to have their first 2 posts moderated and approved before they can post freely on the forum, this is something we want to bring in before the end of September along with a set page of rules so users can be aware when and why we will moderate posts. I hope that this will tackle the majority of spam activity on the forum but we will monitor this once the changes take effect. Thanks, RAC

Comment

Working...
                            X