No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch issue when changing gears

Hi,

Im currently learning to drive, I've had a few lessons so far. I have an issue where I come off the clutch a bit too fast when changing gears which leads to some jerking. No matter how hard I try and how much I'm thinking about it, it jerks. My instructor advises me to take it off really gently, but I feel then like I'm doing it too slowly, and that I should be doing it a bit faster. It does go smoothly however when going from 2nd to 3rd for some reason, anyone know why? Any advice much appreciated thanks.

Also when moving off, I know you press accelerator gently, then bring foot gently off clutch. When should you start to push the accelerator more? Before or after the clutch has been fully raised?

Thanks

Originally posted by Michael3029 View Post
    Also when moving off, I know you press accelerator gently, then bring foot gently off clutch. When should you start to push the accelerator more? Before or after the clutch has been fully raised?

Thanks
    During. You should gradually increase the accelerator more when you feel the clutch begin to 'bite' and the vehicle starts to move. Don’t worry, it I’ll come with experience.

Comment

Agree with Motman

I recommend watching this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4rs09AKBc8

Comment

Agree too, dont over think it, its something that we all had difficulties with and very quickly you will find it becomes second nature......

How old is the car you are learning in.......some cars can feel quite heavy to get moving, clutch condition does make a difference.....but, you will get there mate.....keep trying

Comment

Working...
        X