Who has priority at this roundabout?

Scenario: You're at a roundabout and the only cars are the two in the image (A and B).
    A is indicating to turn right (as shown in the image) and B is going AHEAD who has priority - and why?
    Link to image. http://imgur.com/a/synSk
    In my opinion - none have priority?
    (This is for the UK, and we drive on the left).
  • 5 Replies

I would say who ever is actually on the roundabout first, ................simples
    Strictly speaking though? Like in the event of insurance claim who has priority?
    If, as the image suggests, both cars arrived together then B should yield to A (A will approach B from the right, give way to traffic from your right on roundabouts).

However, if A elects to proceed, he/she should keep an eye on B, as B may be impatient or may not be aware of the correct procedure.

NB. No one ever has right of way, the highway code never nominates a right of way, it nominates/suggests who should give way.

Insurers usually treat roundabout incidents as 50/50, unless one party has overwhelming evidence (witnesses or camera evidence).
    Because, sorting out who did what on driver statements is just about impossible.
    If, as the image suggests, both cars arrived together then B should yield to A (A will approach B from the right, give way to traffic from your right on roundabouts).

However, if A elects to proceed, he/she should keep an eye on B, as B may be impatient or may not be aware of the correct procedure.

NB. No one ever has right of way, the highway code never nominates a right of way, it nominates/suggests who should give way.

Insurers usually treat roundabout incidents as 50/50, unless one party has overwhelming evidence (witnesses or camera evidence).
    Because, sorting out who did what on driver statements is just about impossible.

Thank you!
    In this instance, A has priority, I used to deal with insurance claims, and had several claims like this, A would have priority as they are turning right, in the event of an accident then B would be held 100% at fault for failing to give way to a vehicle approaching from the right.