Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too tensed during lessons

Any tips on relaxing abit during lessons as I seem to be too tensed during lessons. Especially on dual carriageways. As sometimes I mess up with gears. And forget to change gear sometimes got my test near end of november

Do you mean that your instructor has already booked you in for your test at the end of November?............ ..............That's so unprofessional, I think he/she would do better building up your confidence and teaching you how to relax while driving, and stop thinking or planning so far ahead, good luck.

Comment

Hi there

Sounds like you are not quite ready for the test if you are forgetting to change gear then you are probably concentrating on to many other things sounds like you need more practice.So you need to either get more lessons in or get some private practice.If you can't do these then postpone the test.One way of finishing it would be to maybe do an intensive driving course of say 10 hours towards the end http://intensivedrivingcourses-bennetts.co.uk/.
      How many hours have you done on dual carriage ways?
      Last edited by Jake ochiltree; 11-10-16, 19:28.

Comment

Hi guys lost my old acount.

Got a new driving instructor decided to go automatic as
        I was planning on getting one anyway. Had my first lesson yesterday in auto. And enjoyed it more. I was more relaxed. And my new instructor says its doable. That ill be test ready for test.
        But gonna make a final dicision on that after next lesson.
        I wanna make sure im 100 per ready

Comment

Good for you, glad that you are feeling more confident now, keep it up

Comment

Had a really good driving lesson today. Miles better on roundabouts. More confidant on dual carriageways. Only thing my instructor said that with the 2 lessons ive had i seem to tire near the end so if theres any tips on that
            So i can just be more aware of it on next lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by smudger View Post
              Do you mean that your instructor has already booked you in for your test at the end of November?............ ..............That's so unprofessional, I think he/she would do better building up your confidence and teaching you how to relax while driving, and stop thinking or planning so far ahead, good luck.
              It's not unprofessional. The DVSA's own code of practice for instructors advises that tests should be booked "taking account of local waiting times and forecast of the client’s potential for achieving the driving test pass standard".

While the waiting times are generally predictable, the client's potential is less so!

Comment

Quote ............" i seem to tire near the end so if theres any tips on that"......................................... ..........That's just concentration, don't worry about that, once you feel more relaxed behind the wheel, that will soon go, good luck............................. ......................( I remember when training on my emergency driving course, I used to end up with my arm pits soaking in sweat, yet I couldn't remember sweating?............................. ..............They told me it was quite normal, it was due to concentration)

Comment

Had my lesson yesterday and decided to postpone test. As we went out yesterday and was told
                  I still dont seem confident on roundabouts. And made a few mistake including one that would leed to an examiner abandoning test. But made some progress and di has said that he aint honna give me instruction on lessons from now on as i need to make dicisions on my own wich i think will help me
                  . so new test date in january. Di tjink its more then duable

Comment

Aye! You will know when the time is right to go for your test, and when your ready, your confidence will be with you, good luck.

Comment

Cheetr smudger

Comment

Pleasure to help, let us know how things go, we would all like to know, good luck.

Comment

Another good lesson today. Instructor has started to take me out of redditch abit. Wich is good as its given me more experiance of other roads. As redditch is all roundabouts and duel carriegways.

Comment

It really does get easier as things like gear changing become automatic. I know what you mean about Redditch, but there is a good variety of roads really: Learners often use Plymouth Rd for hill starts and awkward junctions.

Comment

Cheers. Im actually learning in automatic. As couldnt get used to gears. But i can live with passing in auto. Yeah me di is taking me allover as he said i need to go out for good proper drives. Wich i think is helping my confidence. Said the only thing now with me is roundabouts. As i dont seem to know whare am going. But got till near end of jan till test. And gonna have double lessins from the 1st so should get atleast another 8-9 lesaons in

Comment

Working...
                              X