Clear All

• Speeding

Hi
    Just a quick question.
    I have returned my notice to prosecute form vack to the police
    Does anyone know how long it takes fo rthem to come back to you
    Cheers
    gallorgs

If the alleged offence can be dealt with by a course or fixed penalty, 2-3 weeks. If it has to go to court, six months plus.

Comment

Sorry my pC has been down, Thanks Beelzebub for your reply
      Is there a time limit on how long i do have to wait for them to come back to me
      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by gallorgs View Post
        Sorry my pC has been down, Thanks Beelzebub for your reply
        Is there a time limit on how long i do have to wait for them to come back to me
        Cheers
        As I said, it depends ... Tell us the limit, the alleged speed, and what part of the UK and we can be more precise. Also, any existing points on your licence?

Comment

Hello
          The speed was 70mph in a 40, in Warwickshire
          I have no points on my licence at all & been driving for about 20 years
          cheers

Comment

Originally posted by gallorgs View Post
            Hello
            The speed was 70mph in a 40, in Warwickshire
            I have no points on my licence at all & been driving for about 20 years
            cheers
            OK, that can only be dealt with by a court. They have to start proceedings within six months of the date of the offence, and usually take almost all of that. You should hear shortly after that. Say seven months maximum.

Comment

ok just to make sure i have read this correct, the incident happended in the last week of June, so i should be in court around Christmas time, or is it i wont hear anything until December/January
              Cheers

Comment

The latter. The police will lodge the complaint within the six-month allowance, and then the court will issue a summons in its own good time. Since you were more than 30mph over the limit here is a possibility that you may lose your licence. If this would have a serious effect on your life, it may be wise to take legal advice

Comment

Working...
                X