- Public Liability Insurance
- What is employer's liability?
- Hotel Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Office & Surgery Insurance
- Shop Insurance
- Property Owner Insurance
- Bed & Breakfast Insurance
- Pub Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Working from Home Insurance
- When does my online store need business insurance?
- What kind of business insurance do I need?
- How can you find out whether a business has insurance?
- Should a start up have business insurance?
- What kind of business insurance can the RAC provide?
Protect your brand reputation and top line figures
As a shop owner, you know that customer service always comes first. However, there may be times when through no fault of your own, you might have to let your customers down. If your stock is damaged or if your retail premises have to close as a result of damage, the effect can impact both your bottom line figures and your reputation. But with the right shop insurance you can protect yourself against the financial consequences of unforeseen events, and keep your business running smoothly. At the RAC we know how important it is to get back to normal as quickly as possible, so our shop insurance is specifically designed to help independent retailers run their business smoothly and cost effectively.
Shop Insurance - how we can help
We put together bespoke shop insurance packages that are specifically tailored to meet your exact needs. Common elements of our shop insurance packages include:
Employers’ liabilityProtects your legal responsibility for accidental death or bodily injury caused to your employees arising out of activities connected to your business
Public liabilitycovers your legal responsibility for injury caused to the public or damage to their property due to fault of you or your staff
Premises coverincludes fixtures & fittings and protects against damage caused by a range of perils including flood and fire
Stock coverincludes cover for theft, accidental and malicious damage
Business Interruptionprovides financial assistance for an agreed period of time to cover business overheads that result from considerable interruption to your trading following a fire or other major insured peril
Money covercovers theft of money from your premises or whilst in transit to or from your bank
Glass coverprovides cover for the replacement of broken or damaged glass including shop front, windows and glass in display cabinets
Products Liabilityprotects your legal liability for injury or damage caused to the public arising from the supply of goods in connection with your business
Why Choose Us?
At the RAC we know it’s not just the policy that matters, but that all-important customer service too. So we include:
- Tailor made policies to suit your individual business
- A UK business centre
- Immediate cover available
- Fast and friendly service from our highly trained and expert staff
- Cover available for sole traders, small and medium-sized businesses
As well as your standard business insurance such as public liability and employer’s liability, our shop insurance packages can also include a range of optional extras such as:
- Loss of Licence - various covers available that provide protection for your business or premises due to losing your liquor licence for reasons beyond your control
- Deterioration of Stock - protects against damage to stock in your freezers caused by a rise or fall in temperature due to breakdown of your freezer unit or accidental failure of electrical supply
- Goods in Transit - protects against loss or damage caused to goods on the move in the UK
Cover is subject to insurers underwriting criteria, policy terms and conditions available on request.