Get breakdown cover from just £4.50 a month

Our patrols fix 4 out of 5 vehicles at the roadside

Get a quote   

Cheap Breakdown Cover

If you want to keep your car moving but are worried about costs, then the RAC offers cheap breakdown cover from as little as £4.50 a month to ensure your vehicle is protected should you suffer a car breakdown.

Get Cheap Breakdown Cover for just £4.50 a month* from the RAC

We've been rescuing our members at the roadside for 120 years. We know you want great value cover from a name you can trust, which is why our breakdown cover starts from just £4.50 a month*.

What Will You be Covered for?

When you take out car breakdown cover with the RAC, you'll receive cover for your vehicle, regardless of whose driving it when it breaks down. We'll also fix your vehicle at the roadside, as long as you're over ¼ mile away from home. In the unlikely event that we can't fix your vehicle at the roadside we'll tow you up to 10 miles to a destination of your choice, whether that's a local garage or back home.

Why Choose RAC Breakdown Cover?

  92% of members would recommend RAC Rescue to their friends and family

  RAC patrols fix 4 out of 5 vehicles at the roadside

  RAC can come to your rescue if you have an accident

  We are Britain's most experienced provider, with 120 years of experience

Need a little more cover?

We have a range of breakdown cover options available so you can simply choose a package that suits your needs. From £59 you can buy personal cover, where we'll come to your rescue as the passenger or driver of any car you're in1.

You can also purchase:

  • Recovery - we'll take you, up to 7 passengers and your car to your chosen destination anywhere in mainland UK.
  • At home - cover if your car doesn't start at home, or within 1/4 mile of your house.
  • Onward travel - we'll ensure that your travel plans are not seriously interrupted if your car cannot complete the journey. We'll also provide a replacement vehicle for 3 days or alternative transport or overnight accommodation.
  • European cover - covers you in 49 countries and their offshore islands in continental Europe.

Breakdown Cover from just £4.50 a month

  • Our patrols fix 4 out of 5 vehicles at the roadside in just 30 minutes on average
  • As Britain’s most experienced provider we've been championing motorists for 120 years
  • 92% of our members would recommend RAC breakdown cover to their friends and family