Optional Extras from the
equivalent of 75p per month†
With our optional extras, you can enhance your cover for even more reassurance on the road.
So whether you accidently fill up with the wrong fuel or break down while holidaying in Europe, we can be there. All our optional extras are available on Personal and Vehicle based cover.
Call 0844 891 0263*
Call now and we'll help you add the right cover for your needs.
only £108 a year
Why add European Rescue?
Upgrade your cover with European Rescue for peace of mind when driving on the continent. We can keep you moving or if we can’t get you fixed whilst you’re away, we’ll arrange for you, your family and car to get back to the UK^.
- Assistance at the roadside in the event of a breakdown in Europe
- A hire car for up to 14 days
- Overnight accommodation
- Source and deliver spare parts
- Recovery of your vehicle back to the UK (up to the market value) if it can't be fixed by your return date and the costs of travelling to Europe to collect your vehicle
Call 0844 891 0263 to add European Rescue
- Maximum trip length 90 days. Excludes motor homes and minibuses over 11 years old. Maximum claim limit of £2,500. Journeys must start and end in the UK. One breakdown per trip, maximum of 2 breakdowns per year.
^ Will not be available if the market value is less than the cost of repatriating the insured vehicle
only £3 per month
Why add Onward Travel?
Upgrade your cover with Onward Travel to ensure you get to your planned destination. If we can't fix your vehicle we will arrange for a replacement car or alternative transport for you and up to 7 passengers to get you there.
- Alternative transport, overnight accommodation & special medical assistance
- Replacement car hire or alternative transport for up to 8 people (driver plus 7 passengers) by rail, air or public transport
- Overnight accommodation for one night, including breakfast, for up to 8 people
- Special medical assistance to cover the cost of overnight accommodation for passengers if the driver has been admitted to hospital and/or ambulance transportation
- Hire car up to three days or until your vehicle is fixed, whichever is sooner
Call 0844 891 0263 to add Onward Travel
- Hire car will be a small hatchback or similar. Hotel accommodation is for bed and breakfast only. Must comply with the terms and conditions of the hire company which includes but are not limited to age and licence restrictions.
only £2 per month
Why add Courtesy Car?
If we can't fix your vehicle at the roadside, we'll arrange for a replacement car to keep you moving.
- A replacement car hire for up to three days or until your vehicle is fixed, whichever is less
Call 0844 891 0263 to add Courtesy Car
- Must comply with the terms and conditions of the hire company which includes but are not limited to age and licence restrictions. Hire car will be a small hatchback or similar
only 75p per month
Why add Key Replace?
Avoid the unexpected cost of replacement keys; we will cover the costs to replace your lost or stolen house / car keys. We will even arrange for a courtesy car if you lose your car keys.
- The cost of replacing lost or stolen house and car keys
- The cost of a locksmith and up to 3 replacement keys
Call 0844 891 0263 to add Key Replace
- Keys lost or stolen when not attached to key fob. Where duplicate keys are available we will not cover the cost of replacement keys. We will cover up to a maximum of £1,000
from £2 per month3
Why add Mis-Fuel Rescue?
We will come to your rescue if you put petrol in your diesel vehicle. Our Patrols will drain and flush the engine to get you back on the road or we will cover the costs of repairs through our approved garage network.
- The cost of draining and flushing the engine if incorrect fuel (petrol) is used
- The costs for repairs through our approved garage network if mechanical damage has occurred due to you mis-fuelling
- Up to 10 litres of fuel to enable you to get to a fuel station
Call 0844 891 0263 to add Mis-Fuel Rescue
- Nominated vehicles only. Excludes the cost of refuelling your vehicle and contamination by anything other than petrol e.g. water. We will cover up to a maximum of £2,500 per claim.
from £1.50 per month3
Why add Battery Rescue?
If your vehicle has a battery fault that cannot be repaired the RAC will attend your vehicle and fit a new battery without any additional charge.
- A new battery for your car
- A Patrol to fit the battery
- The added benefit of not having to pay for the battery itself
- We will also safely dispose of the unserviceable battery
Call 0844 891 0263 to add Battery Rescue
- Nominated vehicle only. Breakdowns excluded at or within ¼ mile of home address, unless you have At Home cover. Excludes batteries for hybrid or electric vehicles and vehicles older than 15 yearsr or have done over 150K miles. We will cover up to a maximum of £600.
Call 0844 891 0263. We’ll help you add the right cover for your needs.
† Payment method and frequency must match that chosen for your breakdown cover. European Rescue is only available as an annual payment.
1 Service available following a breakdown only. Covered at home address only if you have our At Home cover. Further terms and conditions apply, please refer to your policy booklet.
2 Further terms and conditions apply, please refer to your policy booklet.
3 Price is per vehicle.
* 0844 calls are charged between 1p and 13p per minute for landline customers. Calls may be recorded and/or monitored.
Please read our full breakdown cover terms and conditions. Our full terms and conditions apply.
Provided by RAC Motoring Services Registered No 01424399 and/or RAC Insurance Ltd Registered No 2355834. Registered in England; Registered Offices: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall WS5 4AW. RAC Motoring Services is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. RAC Insurance Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.