Personal Accident Insurance - information for cyclists

Financial help if you’re involved in a road bicycle accident for less than 39p per day¹

Get a quote

Personal Accident Insurance - Information for Cyclists

You don’t expect to be involved in an accident when you’re cycling on the road – but when it happens, the injuries sustained can be significant. RAC Personal Accident Insurance can give you a whole range of benefits in the event of an accident including when using your bicycle, travelling by car or public transport or if you are hit by a vehicle as a pedestrian.

Up to £200,000 in cash benefits

3 months free cover*

No medicals required, worldwide cover

Why choose RAC Personal Accident Insurance?

We have over a century of experience in servicing customers, and our Personal Accident cover comes in a choice of three cover levels allowing you to determine the right plan for your needs.

  • Get immediate cover online - for you and your family
  • Up to £200,000 tax-free for fatal accidents or permanent loss of limbs or sight
  • Up to £200 per week temporary disability benefit if you've been off work for 2 consecutive weeks (payable for up to 2 years)
  • Up to £200 per day for each day spent in hospital (payable for up to 1 year)

How can Personal Accident cover help me?

No one likes to think about having a road traffic accident but they do happen more often than you might think. In the UK there are estimated to be over 14,000 road traffic accidents each week, that’s 730,000 each year**. We generally don’t spend time considering what the implications would be on our everyday life if we were involved in an accident but they can be wide spread. Personal Accident Insurance can provide financial support to help with the practical things, such as taking the kids to school or doing the housework.

  • Can help to replace some of the income you may lose by being unable to work.
  • Help to cover mortgage and bill payments if you’re not able to work temporarily or you could not return to your usual work due to permanent injuries.
  • Pay for any help needed at home should you be out of action. This might include help with childcare, cleaning or home maintenance.
  • Pay for taxis if you are unable to drive. This could include transport to any appointments you may need to attend but could also be used to pay for taxis for the family to visit you in hospital or any family taxi duties you usually perform.
  • Help to cover the costs of adapting your home if you were to suffer a life changing injury that meant adapting your living accommodation.

The cover available under personal accident is determined by the plan that you select according to your needs


The cost of our personal accident insurance starts for less than 39p per day - view each of our cover levels for more details.


An extensive glossary of all the terms relevant to your Personal Accident Insurance policy

We also cover

Our comprehensive Car Insurance Plus is packed with features and benefits and has a Defaqto 5 Star Rating.


Our Travel insurance can cover you for single trips or annual multi-trips, each with 3 levels of cover available.


RAC Home Insurance provides protection for your property, both inside and out.

Personal Accident Insurance news and advice

RAC’s personal accident insurance provides you with financial protection if you are in a travel related accident, anywhere in the world.


View all that our Personal Accident Insurance covers you for.


Our personal accident insurance is designed to provide you with financial help in the event you are injured in a travel related accident


* Cigna Insurance Services reserves the right to vary or withdraw this offer at any time. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer. The offer is subject to availability. The 3 months free cover applies to the first year of insurance only. Terms and conditions apply.

** ROSPA website – article 6/4/14. 730K per year

1 Monthly premium for the Gold Plan on an Insured Only basis is £11.50 a month including insurance premium tax (IPT) at the current rate. This equates to an annual premium of £103.50. There are 3 levels of cover available.

RAC Insurance is a trading name of RAC Financial Services Limited registered in England No. 5171817. Registered Office: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall, WS5 4AW. This policy is administered by Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited registered in England No. 4617110. Registered Office: Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey SM1 1JB. Both companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

This insurance is underwritten by Cigna Europe Insurance Company S.A.-N.V. UK Branch, Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton SM1 1JB. Cigna Europe Insurance Company S.A.-N.V. is supervised in Belgium by the National Bank of Belgium and the Financial Services and Markets Authority, and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from us on request.

© 2017 RAC Motoring Services. All rights reserved.