Complete a survey for a chance to win £100 of M&S vouchers.
Sales enquiries: 0844 891 3111

Accident Care

Had an accident? We'll keep you moving

Your RAC membership includes Accident Care and Motor Legal Care^ at no extra cost.

So if you've had an accident - make sure everything is taken care of -
make us your first call on 0333 2000 9991.

You'll get an end to end accident care service that you might not get from your insurer.

4 reasons to call the RAC first

Not all insurers will give you this, so call us first.

The RAC will also:

  • Rescue and recover your vehicle if you're involved in a road traffic accident in the UK4.  Wherever possible, we'll recover the cost from the insurer, so you're not out of pocket
  • Send urgent messages to family and friends
  • Offer 24/7 legal advice to help you through the situation
  • Provide cover for up to £50,000 of legal costs following an accident in the UK where you were the driver or passenger provided you were not at fault^

Make us your first call on 0333 2000 9991. Save this number in your phone.

^ Applies where you have purchased your membership directly with RAC. Where you have purchased your cover via a third party e.g. your bank or vehicle manufacturer, please see the terms they issued to you, as cover may be different. For more information, please go to www.rac.co.uk/motorlegal.

1 03 numbers are mobile friendly and charged at national call rates and are usually included in your inclusive minutes plan.  Calls may be recorded and/or monitored.

2 If the accident is not your fault, replacement vehicle charges will be recovered from the other party at Association of British Insurers (ABI) approved rates. Provision of a replacement car is subject to using the RAC Approved Bodyshops and satisfying the hire criteria of the replacement car provider's terms and conditions. For example, a replacement vehicle may not be guaranteed if you have an automatic licence and there is no automatic car available.

3 When you use the RAC Approved Bodyshops.

4 Wherever possible, the RAC will recover the cost of the recovery from your insurer or 3rd party insurer. If this is not possible, you will be asked to pay for recovery.


Green traffic light Damaged car light

Had an accident in the last 3 years?

Did you know the RAC could help?

We can help if you’ve been involved or injured in an accident in the past 3 years:

  • You can call our accident helpline anytime, 24/7
  • Speak to our accident injury solicitors for expert advice and guidance
  • Find out if you’re eligible for compensation

Call us first 0333 2000 999