Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vauxhall corsa 1.0 12v wont start

Default vauxhall corsa 1.0 12v wont start

Hi im having a problem with my nice's corsa 1.0l 12v. It turns over but wont start. There is a spark but no fuel coming through. Have looked at pump there is power no power getting to it. Is there a fuel cut off or anything?
    Thanks.

Hello - no fuel shut off on these. Have you checked the fuse for the fuel pump relay? You don't say what year it is but the Corsa B has a habbit of blowing the fuel pump relay fuse for no obvious reason - my mates popped twice in a week but has never done it again and that was 2 years ago !!

Hi sorry its a V reg I have checked all the fuses in the main fuse box which are all ok, we have no hand book so dont know if ther are any other fuses.
    Thanks

Default fuel pump

high sorry dont know the vehicle but have had this problem. on my car the relay was prone to cracking up try that next

Tried a new relay but still the same,

I would try connecting a 12volt supply straight to the pump. This way you will know for sure if it is the pump failing or just no supply getting to it.

Hi, just tried 12v to the pump, the pump runs but no fuel coming through at carb as if there is some sort of valve closed??

Default crankshaft sensor

Sounds to me that you have a faulty crankshaft sensor this will cause your symptoms you give as the ECU does not know the postion of the crank so it won't allow the engine to start. It should cost you about £20 to replace yourself, not too sure about a garage but not much I would have thought. The sensor is in an awkward position to get to at the rear of the engine.

Should this not work get the ecu scanned by use of a TECH2 or Vauxcheck and your fault should be diagnosed, a local garage should be able to do this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by madog965 View Post
    Hi, just tried 12v to the pump, the pump runs but no fuel coming through at carb as if there is some sort of valve closed??
    There is no Carb. It is a throttle body with a single injector fitted into it. Have you tried a quick squirt of Easy start into the Throttle body to see if it tries to start? This will confirm it is a lack of Fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by scadding1983 View Post
    Sounds to me that you have a faulty crankshaft sensor this will cause your symptoms you give as the ECU does not know the postion of the crank so it won't allow the engine to start. It should cost you about £20 to replace yourself, not too sure about a garage but not much I would have thought. The sensor is in an awkward position to get to at the rear of the engine.

Should this not work get the ecu scanned by use of a TECH2 or Vauxcheck and your fault should be diagnosed, a local garage should be able to do this for you.
    I doubt it is going to be a crank sensor if he has a regularly timed spark.

My mistake your right not the carb , the throttle body, have tried easy start and it fires and runs for a couple of seconds.