Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megane Scenic starting problems

Question Megane Scenic starting problems

This has not been happening that often but it is now getting more frequent usually what happens is there are no warning signs to indicate that anything is about to happen I will drive the car as normal and park up. When I return to the car and try to start it nothing happens no life, nothing clicking over, no immobiliser light coming on after 1 minute.

I do the usual take the keys out lock and unlock using the remote control and still nothing it usually takes about 20-30 mins of constant turning the key in the ignition and suddenly it just starts, this was happening about every 4-6months but this year it has been doing it about every 2-4 weeks.

I contacted my local Renault Dealer (as per the instruction manual) they were as helpful as a chocolate teapot! I carried my spare set of keys with me and tried it when it happened last week but nothing so I don't think it has anything to do with the keys, also I get the "injection warning light" come on when this happens and still the Renault dealer will not help, they just said I would have to get the car to them when it has broken down?!

I hope somebody will be able to help as this is making me have a breakdown every time this happens, and going to the dealer is not an option as they have been no help at all!

Default megane starting problem

the megane starting problem is cause by a fault on the ECU ,ive been having the same problem, i park up and it wont start then without warning it starts doh,i am an auto electrician and i have checked everthing through out the car(took 5 hrs) and its down to the ecu they fitted on the meganes 96,97,98 the fault will progress to cutting out while driving and not starting untill it feels like it........ there is something in the ecu not resetting its self or breaking down, id bet a 5p transister???????? but if you remove the ecu you cant do anything with it doh, if you replace the ecu you will need the key recoding to match as the emmobilizer(which is in the ecu drrrrrrr),hope this helps

cheers gremlin

Default starting problem intermittent cutting out

check tdc sensor may require tdc sensor and short loom from renault

I wonder if you can help with my 2004 renault scenic 1.5 diesel. When driving the injection warning light comes on and the power dies at the same time. This only happens for a few seconds and then goes off again, only under load. There is no message stored in the dashboard computer. The service history suggests that the injectors have been changed repeatedly but this doesn't seem to have solved the problem. Any ideas anyone???

sounds like a poor connection on the plug to the startermotor soleniod very common on this vehicle. also could be intermitant fault on the soleniod itself

looking at the original post date I would have thought this would have been sorted by now shame the OP didn't come back and post the resolution.......

Unhappy Scenic starting problems

I Have a 51plate 1400 Scenic and over the past 3 months had a problem with mine starting as well go out to it and normally starts straight away then other times thers nothing at all no warning lights no click off starter motor even had rac out and got advised it was the starter motor, the nice chap from rac even towed me to my local garage and left mycar there until the phone rang and the mechanic said I have sat out side for 30 mins and your car has started each time. everything has been fine for the last few months until this week and its started again and the other half is not happy can anyone advice me do i need a new starter or a gallon of petrol to burn the thing

Hello,
    I have a megane and I found that giving it a bit of throttle when you start gets it going. I think it lies in the fact the megane is undergeared and struggles to get up a slight hill in second.

Default I have the same problem

Did you solve the problem as I have the problem if so could you tell the how it was fixed.
    Clive