Thread: 2006 Ford Fiesta ABS module fault

Default 2006 Ford Fiesta ABS module fault

Hi, I have a 2006 Fiesta 1598cc automatic with less than 7000 miles on the clock and the abs module has failed (the ABS, engine management and brake warning lights are on and the speedometer and digital display failed at the same time). The local Ford dealer confirmed that it is the abs module that is the problem and that the speedo is all part of the same problem. Is this a common fault for this make/model/year of car?

That is very unusual especially at such a low mileage.
    May well be worth contacting Ford Customer Services and asking them to contribute a sizeable amount to the cost of repair. While the car is 3 years old, it hasn't done 12,000 miles yet. Most ABS ecus last forever.

Thanks so much Hometune, took your advice and Ford Customer Services knocked 70% off the repair bill (I never knew they did things like that). Great advice indeed.

Good result.
    Thank goodness it wasn't Renault

Default i have the same fault ! mine is a 56 15000miles

i have the same fault . 56 and 16000miles on the clock . what a load of **** ford are bristol street motors !

Do as above and contact Customer services and try and get a contribution. Ignore the silly dealer.