Thread: parking ticket is it wrong

Default parking ticket is it wrong

hi all i got a parking ticket and the warden got the coulor wrong have i got a loophole to cancel this ticket ?

cheers

Not if the registration number is correct.

You 'may' get away with it if you take it to Court with someone like Mr Loophole defending you. But his costs would far exceed the cost of the ticket. There is a real possibility that the charge would be amended to the correct colour and the case would proceed against you. Not the kind of gamble I would entertain.

Have a look at this then, now that is a No Win situation if ever I saw one!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=20842

I am absolutely certain you can get away with it. The fact that the registration number is correct can be explained as a clone or any other possibility and in law courts, if you cast doubt on any evidence, the case is out of the window. I got away with a ticket which got my reg number (526) as (256). Try it ... nothing to lose!

Smudger, I have just signed the petition, and it is an understatement to say that I am livid.

This is a direct strike at the motoring public, and from the same government who fork out legal aid to illegal immigrants who challenge deportation.
    Obviously, the matter must be pushed under EU Human Rights law. This is outright corruption and this "expenses culture" government must be brought to task.

Back to the thread. If everything else is in order, the colour question may not be relevant. People can be colour-blind, and are traffic wardens required to be free from this condition in order to hold the post?

I would think that the correct colour should be shown on the licence disc and the warden refer to this, because the colour by itself can de problematic.
    My car is described in the brochure as being Silverleaf in colour, but the DVLA just call it Silver. But this car visibly changes according to the prevaiing light. It can appear silver, but at other times it can appear pale bronze, or even very light cream.

We have nicknamed it "The Chamelion".

Quote Originally Posted by smudger879n View Post
    Have a look at this then, now that is a No Win situation if ever I saw one!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=20842
    I have sent an email to the Number 10 website, complaining of corrupt practices by the (proposed?) introduction of this breach of British justice legislation.
    If we don't want ever increasing injustices thrust upon us, then we must campaign vigorously.

I did go so far as to include my belief that most of us will very likely be relieved to see this deplorable government dismissed from office.

I appreciate that the forum prefers to avoid political subjects; but ths is a motoring matter, and this is a motoring forum.

Regards, Snowball.

Where's Robin Hood when you need him? He was good with Robber Barons.