Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Cars.

Default Future Cars.

Presently watching a program on TV called "future cars" and boy do I want to still be around in 2030!
    As the cars that are going to be on the roads then are simply amazing!
    More digital chips and drive by wire just being two of the changes, let alone the styling of the cars, which is also fantastic.
    Its a great program to watch, so I am off to see the rest of it
    Cheers, Smudger.

What power source are they predicting? Is the styling aerodynamic or just the usual wally fodder?

I'll be 96 years old in 2030 - any developments promised for jazzed up mobility scooters?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I'll be 96 years old in 2030 - any developments promised for jazzed up mobility scooters?
    Hopefully you can have a thought controlled levitating scooter as per the Mekon, Dan dares arch enemy.

Well wagolynn, they had several power sources, ranging from electric, battery, gas and hydrogen, even vegetable oil or a combination of them all.

Interesting really, as on Top Gear tonight, the Mercedes S Class out now already hea digital chips that can follow the car in front at a safe distance, and even slow down and stop automatically when the car in front does.

Plus it has the new digital dash board, and infer-red night lighting that you can see on a screen, which has passed all the Euro safety regulations.

In fact that model of Mercedes has been the first to have all the present day safety devices fitted.

To my way of thinking, the last thing that should be happening with motor cars is that the control should be dumbed down. We already have auto-parking and lane management systems, now we are being fed distance keepers. All this from companies who cannot even train their staff to diagnose engine management faults!?

And the engines are basically the same inefficient devices. The electronic toys are at best just that, cheap toys or at the worst downright dangerous, the driver is or should be in control.

Thing is, the oil is not going to last for ever so they are racing against time for a replacement power source.
    There are bound to be various ideas put forward so they are trying them all out just now.

I for one, would like to live long enough to drive such a car. After all, its our grandchildren we are doing this for now, as it was our, and earlier generations that caused the global warming in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by smudger879n View Post
    Thing is, the oil is not going to last for ever so they are racing against time for a replacement power source.
    There are bound to be various ideas put forward so they are trying them all out just now.

I for one, would like to live long enough to drive such a car. After all, its our grandchildren we are doing this for now, as it was our, and earlier generations that caused the global warming in the first place!
    There are solutions available now, but the industry is worried that we will not think them ‘sexy’ enough, due to no engine noise and no gearstick.

Yea! wagolyn, there is that to it, but I think "range" is the thing that motorists want to know about.
    I have seen some great cars on TV shows powered by various power sources, but they never seem to be made.
    I think the oil companies are buying up all the patents and shelving them, to stop their production