Thread: low rev misfire

Exclamation low rev misfire

Hi all,
    need help! i have a 2002 renault clio 1.2 16v with intermintent misfire. I have changed the spark plugs and the coil as the coil pack came up on the diasnostic. But the problem is still occuring. map sensor has also been changed. other forums have menchened fuel injectors and fuel ecu any other ideas and a possible price for fuel injectors and fuel ecu?

If its intermittent and not regular then almost certainly an electrical problem. Unlikely to be an injector unless regular/permanent.
    Wiring issues are a big problem with these poor quality cars. If you search this forum simply typing in Renault Clio Misfire you should find lots of posts.
    If you do go as far as replacing injectors they are around 70 each.
    If you need to repair your ECU, send yours away for test as it will not need the immobiliser recoding again. Try this company and its site for advice - BBA Reman. There is advice and a forum there too for all diagnostic problems.

I have re-read your post and you say the misfire is at low revs? If it is ALWAYS there at idle but goes away when revved, then it WILL be an injector. Simply disconnect each one in turn. When it gets worse you know that was a good one. When there is no change in engine speed or lumpiness then you have found it.
    Last edited by Hometune; 26-08-09 at 23:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    If its intermittent and not regular then almost certainly an electrical problem. Unlikely to be an injector unless regular/permanent.
    Wiring issues are a big problem with these poor quality cars. If you search this forum simply typing in Renault Clio Misfire you should find lots of posts.
    If you do go as far as replacing injectors they are around 70 each.
    If you need to repair your ECU, send yours away for test as it will not need the immobiliser recoding again. Try this company and its site for advice - BBA Reman. There is advice and a forum there too for all diagnostic problems.

I have re-read your post and you say the misfire is at low revs? If it is ALWAYS there at idle but goes away when revved, then it WILL be an injector. Simply disconnect each one in turn. When it gets worse you know that was a good one. When there is no change in engine speed or lumpiness then you have found it.
    thanks for your reply the problem is very frequent at one juction it will idle fine but then the next it might start missing took what they call the black box of today because it was lose and rubbing on leads but had not yet bared any wires have looked for any other frayed or lose wires are there any inperticular that would course this to happen. would it be worth putting any redex in to see if maybe it will get better and then change injectors if needed?
    Thanks again

Sounds like you have the Renault wiring issues. Don't know of a cure other than wiring loom replacement. Its all in my other posts on this appalling car.

what a nighmare!!!!! how much does it cost to get the loom changed.