Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zafira P0136 code

Default Zafira P0136 code

I have a 2002 Zafira 1.6 16V which has the fault code P0136. I changed the 2nd lambda sensor and erased the codes. Next day the same code came back. What can I check next? I tried Cataclean to clean out the cat and fuel system, used Shell V+ in case it was supermarket petrol. Do I get another sensor in case the one I fitted was faulty? Any help would be appreciated.

What are the readings in the live data menu?

I have a handheld scanner of my own, didn't take it to a garage.

The reason for live data is that you can see what the ecu and components are doing.
    P0136 can mean a faulty oxygen sensor, the heater has failed, the wiring is broken or the ecu is damaged.
    In live data you could see if the sensor has a steady reading around 0.5v (give or take a bit) in a hot engine with the cat fully heated. You can see if the heater is being switched on and off.
    If the cat has failed you normally get P0420.
    Without this info you will need to probe the wiring and check each circuit. This is why we do not rate cheap scanners on here, they are virtually worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    This is why we do not rate cheap scanners on here, they are virtually worthless.
    So is my Launch on Vauxhall post cat Lambda live data! it shows them as a steady 2volt (2050mV)

My Vaux Com works ACR4 does too Even the Bosch
    I will check my Launch next time. Is it all Vauxhalls with 2 sensors or certain models?
    And why are you not in bed at 01.39hrs?

My Vaux Com works ACR4 does too Even the Bosch
    I will check my Launch next time. Is it all Vauxhalls with 2 sensors or certain models?
    And why are you not in bed at 01.39hrs?
    I did post this on the x431 forums but, didn't get any response, Although I noticed that someone else had found similar readings. Tried both super 16 and Smart 16.

tried it with vaux com and it was fine. Engine was Z14XE.

A Chinese engineer reads the faults on the forum and you mostly don't get a response. They do usually fix them eventually.

A Chinese engineer reads the faults on the forum and you mostly don't get a response. They do usually fix them eventually.
    Ahh, I did try to report it on the X431 report form but, it was impossible to type the date and without it, It would not let you send it

BTW, I was watching the Thomas Crown Affair, I could ask you the same question

The engineer reads all the posts so he will have seen it. No need for those reports now.
    I was uninstalling McAfee supplied by BT as my laptop was so slow and kept freezing up. It took 45 mins to read the forums last night
    Now its out, back to normal. Wonder why I pay BT a fortune for this rubbish.
    Never buy a Sony **** with Vista and use with a BT Homehub and install McAfee. Its hopeless. From switching on to getting on to a forum takes a minimum of 4 mins on a good day.
    When I use XP on my netbook, no problems and lightning quick.