Thread: Ford Transit Injector code problems

Default Ford Transit Injector code problems

2005 transit 350 135bhp
    Engine was off at a cylinder so got it put on the computer. It showed that there was a problem with injector no 3. The technician tried to re-programme it, but it failed so I had to get a new injector from Ford. The mechanic fitted the new injector, and then I went back to the technician to get it programmed. His laptop just kept saying 'unsuccessful'. The part is brand new, and we are definetly entering the correct code from the injector. Anyone any ideas?Thanks

You say the technician is using a laptop. The problem may be that his software cannot reprogram Transit injectors. These are NOT the same as Mondeo TDCi which most diagnostic tools can do.
    If you are certain that it can, you must ensure that the injectors are programmed in the firing order, not 1,2,3,4 but 1,3,4,2.
    If still no joy, try entering the serial number of an injector already fitted to fool the ECU. If it says unsuccessful this time, then either the laptop cannot program it or the new injector is faulty.
    When you fitted the new injector, did you try starting the van straight away or did you try programming first. Most times the van will start and run ok - the programming is like a fine tuning to get the exact amount of fuel.

Default Thanks

Thanks very much Hometune. I'll relay your comments to the technician.thanks again

Forgot to add this. If the fault was injector 3 then this means it is in cylinder 4 !!!
    injector 1 = cylinder 1
    injector 2 = cylinder 3
    injector 3 = cylinder 4
    injector 4 = cylinder 2.