Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corsa Clutch Judder

Thanks hometune.i see what you mean.i"ll keep you posted what happens next week! I am really concerned as i use the car for my business (i run my own driving school) what made me cross was they blatently lied about changing the whole thing!! How bad is that for an established company? what causes clutch judder?
    Last edited by kizmet; 06-06-09 at 09:08.

Default corsa clutch judder

Well good news! They stripped my clutch down for a second time and vauxhalls authorised a complete new clutch this time.it still took 3 days though.one to strip it.two to order the parts and three to fit it.anyway the car seems to be running lovely at the present time!! Lol.i did use a courtesy car while mine was being repaired.an 09 corsa,and guess what? Yep you guessed it,it had a clutch judder in 1st gear.terrible when doing hill starts!
    Ol and my glove box has fallen apart so the car has to go back again next week!

Do these cars have GMs variable inertia flywheel on them?

Default corsa clutch judder

Um im not really sure.im female so not that clued up on cars!! Lol.sorry.why do you ask?

Lightbulb my 2cents cheep suzuki engine...

Quote Originally Posted by gill1207 View Post
    I bought a brand new Corsa 3 months ago and it has developed clutch judder. The garage has been in discussion with Vauxhall who have said it is due to driver abuse, therefore it is not under warranty. they have however agreed to replace it this time. I have been told though, that if it happens again, it will cost around ‚£900 to replace.
    The car has 2500 miles on the clock. I have been driving for 24 years and have never had a problem with a clutch before. Can anyone let me know whether it is reasonable for a clutch to wear out after only 2500 miles - it doesn't seem so to me.
    Has anyone else had this problem with a Corsa? Thank you.
    Ok I have recently inadvertently cured this problem (for a while) and seems to have nothing what so ever to-do with the clutch!
    I have a 2005 Corsa with the z12xep engine. It has had the dreaded clutch judder virtually from new. And I simply learned to live with it!
    It has now covered over 50k and had developed an internal coolant leak as well as a very noisy timing chain! These all seamed symptoms of a collapsed water pump gasket!
    So I went and bought the timing chain kit and disassembled the water pump to my surprise (not) there was the collapsed water pump gasket.
    I changed the timing chest gasket and the chain and took the car for a test drive to my amazement the clutch judder had completely disappeared and the engine ran better and smoother than new!
    Unfortunately 300 miles later all the coolant disappeared! Not good. I checked the water gasket again and it had all gone funny? So I figured I may have over tightened it slightly. So no biggie lesson learned, 10 hours later I fitted a genuine gasket and I followed the torque settings to the book (apart from the small ones I just nipped those I haven't got a torque wrench that goes down to 6~8nm)
    After a test drive the judder is back! So the only possible difference could be...
    Aux belt tensioner bolts (last time these were not as tight)
    Engine mounting bolts (last time I really tightened these up tight! This may have been the cause of the coolant system failure)
    The bottom (crank) pulley has a slight wobble which I managed to cure last time.
    Any insights?

oh and also everyone check the tightness of the camshaft bearing bolts as i could undo mine by hand!!! you can see a bolt by removing the oil filler cap
    Last edited by mgazza; 08-12-09 at 23:52. Reason: missed abit!

Hi we have a 58 plate 1.2 Corsa and like you the clutch developed a bad judder after 2500 miles it has now done under 13000 miles and has just had its fourth clutch repair. I know the mechanics and salesman at our garage and they say it is a fault found on several corsa's. So If Vauxhall are saying it is a driver fault, then they are wrong to do so!!! We have owned Vauxhalls since 1973, but this will be the last one. They do not seem interested in customer care, so why buy there cars?

Welcome to the site DavePass, it seems that Vauxhall are not the only ones guilty of that, there have been a few other such complaints posted in here in the past.

Default Corsa 09 Clutch Judder

I loved this corsa 5 door, brought new in March 09, small big car, ie ideal for town, brilliant on motorway. After 15000 miles clutch had to be replaced, faulty, garage was brilliant, could not have asked for better service, same when drive shaft boot split and pipe spilt open on emission control thingy. At 26000 miles funny noise from engine, nice man from RAC found one engine bolt out on road, other lose. At 30000 miles clutch judders when cold. We are at the point of paying for garage to take clutch out to see if it is another faulty clutch???? They only guarantee clutch for 18000 miles. My point is the first clutch went wrong at 15000 miles, second clutch has done the same, surely its not unrealisable to get more than 15000 from a modern clutch? This is our 6th new car and the nicest looking, comfort, etc, but the worst for reliability , the only thing I will say is that the garage have been very good and I am hoping they continue to be.

Welcome to the site Susan64, it does sound a bit dodgy having to replace the clutch so often?

Not wanting to upset anyone here...but have they had excessive wear put on them....bad driving, riding the clutch for example

Now, I did say, not wanting to upset anyone

I have never had any clutch problems before.
    Anyway the garage already admitted that the first one was faulty, something to do with materials used or not being aloud to use anymore.
    What causes a clutch to judder when cold? its not slipping.
    On the positive side with this car i am learning alot about how the engine works