Thread: Ford Focus Rear Suspension Trailing Arm Bushes

Cool Ford Focus Rear Suspension Trailing Arm Bushes

Hi

I've got a 52 reg ford focus 2.0 ghia saloon and it had a service yesterday at Benfield Ford, they told me that the rear suspension trailing arm bushes are split and need replacing and have quoted 450!!
    Does anyone know if this is correct and what should I be looking at?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daisyemma View Post
    Hi

I've got a 52 reg ford focus 2.0 ghia saloon and it had a service yesterday at Benfield Ford, they told me that the rear suspension trailing arm bushes are split and need replacing and have quoted 450!!
    Does anyone know if this is correct and what should I be looking at?

Thanks
    Hi If you ask me yes you are. I bought two complete replacement arms for my estae from www.fordpartsuk.com and they cost me @ 70.00 each. You can buy the complete new arms with bushes for your model for46.68 each and even with vat and postage you are looking at around 150.00 ish they are only held on with two bolts apiece I had my estate ones fitted for 120.00plus vat at a decent local garage why pay ford's high labour costs.

cheers

Default Focus rear trailing arm bushes

Just had mine replaced at a local garage. Bushes £13.25 each, excluding VAT, labour £110.00 plus 2 bolts at £1.16 each. Total cost, including VAT £163.14. Bit cheaper than your quote. Good luck