Thread: Ford Focus Rear Suspension Trailing Arm Bushes

Cool Ford Focus Rear Suspension Trailing Arm Bushes

Hi

I've got a 52 reg ford focus 2.0 ghia saloon and it had a service yesterday at Benfield Ford, they told me that the rear suspension trailing arm bushes are split and need replacing and have quoted £450!!
    Does anyone know if this is correct and what should I be looking at?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daisyemma View Post
    Hi

I've got a 52 reg ford focus 2.0 ghia saloon and it had a service yesterday at Benfield Ford, they told me that the rear suspension trailing arm bushes are split and need replacing and have quoted £450!!
    Does anyone know if this is correct and what should I be looking at?

Thanks
    Hi If you ask me yes you are. I bought two complete replacement arms for my estae from www.fordpartsuk.com and they cost me @ £70.00 each. You can buy the complete new arms with bushes for your model for£46.68 each and even with vat and postage you are looking at around £150.00 ish they are only held on with two bolts apiece I had my estate ones fitted for £120.00plus vat at a decent local garage why pay ford's high labour costs.

cheers

Default Focus rear trailing arm bushes

Just had mine replaced at a local garage. Bushes £13.25 each, excluding VAT, labour £110.00 plus 2 bolts at £1.16 each. Total cost, including VAT £163.14. Bit cheaper than your quote. Good luck