Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Management light on an Astra 1.7 cdti

Default engine managemnt light on

Hi! I have the same car as you and also a similar problem. the engine managemnet light is always on and the car wont rev more than 3000 revs. Ihave replaced the egr valve but the problem is still there. could you tell me if your car is now sorted and what was the problem? thanks.

Hi,

I have 04 CDTI with exactly the same problem. Cant believe how many peeps have this problem.

I had RAC plug mine in today and it showed P1125 (Throttle actuator)

Has anyone sorted this problem yet as i cant seem to find anyone that has anywhere????

If you take it to dealer and they fit new parts but it doesnt sort it do you still have to pay for them all?

Please help!!!

Question P1125

Hi,

I think i might have posted this previously?

Astra "G" 1.7D CDTi 2002-06 Code P1125 = wastegate regulating valve.

Astra "H" 1.7D CDTi 2004-07 Code P1125 = intake air flap control actuator.

Its no good relying on "codes" you need to book it in with a local garage who have diagnostic equipmet able to take "live" readings.

wes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    It claims it will solve overboost by freeing up the turbo innards.

The last paragraph is the best one on here
    Haha! I have learnt my lesson! Had two vauxhalls in my life but NEVER again!

Right, I have had some time to play... I removed complete intake air pipes apart to clean. EGR was caked in sludge and **** so cleaned it all nice with carb cleaner. The metal intake pipe from EGR to inlet manifold was soo bad! The pipe diameter is about 1. 5 inches but reduced to about 1 inch from all the carbon that is in there! Took about 2 hours to clean with so much mess. cleaned what I could from intake manifold and sucked the carbon out with a hoover. Refit intake pipes nice and tight - No difference at all! I though I might at least get 5mph more with no EML, but NO! So this tells me EGR is fine and so is MAP sensor as when I unplug it the engine is permanently in limp mode, plug back in and no EML and engines fine! - so that works right??

It has to be an engine load problem as I was driving up a country road hill accelerating to 60MPH and engine limps again! (Van was fully laden mind) Does my engine Z17DTL have variable vain turbo? If so why can I hear the wastegate dumping?

I dont know if yours is variable or not but variable vanes can dump pressure if they are sticking. Is the egr valve on yours mounted on the right as you look at the engine from the front? Behind the throttle valve? The only way you will know if it is working correctly is on a diagnostic scanner and then you can see its % value. Around 40% warm idling engine. Its the only way to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    I dont know if yours is variable or not but variable vanes can dump pressure if they are sticking. Is the egr valve on yours mounted on the right as you look at the engine from the front? Behind the throttle valve? The only way you will know if it is working correctly is on a diagnostic scanner and then you can see its % value. Around 40% warm idling engine. Its the only way to check it.
    Oh... It only dumps when I come off the throttle @ around 3000 RPM.

I don't have a scanner. I'm just going to drive it into a tree! That might help!?

Default 1.7 CDTI (Z17DTH) nightmare car!!

Quote Originally Posted by seriousam View Post
    Oh... It only dumps when I come off the throttle @ around 3000 RPM.

I don't have a scanner. I'm just going to drive it into a tree! That might help!?
    I know the feeling, mine has been playing up for ages, sort of found it fun to try to sort out at first, but now I looking for a tree myself!!

Cannot remove it....

Hi. Sorry to jump in but I have the same problem. Bought an 06 cdti van (Z17DTL) off ebay with the engine in the back of the van. (Thought it would be a good project as I was out of work at the time).
    Rebuilt the engine and runs sweet but EML is on all the time. Have read the codes and got P1125, have read quite a few threads on this and this one seems the most informative. With regards to the flap, I have just checked mine and found it to be fully open at tick over, tried to push it closed and wouldn’t move. Turned engine off and flap can be moved but returns to open position, feels like a return spring. With the engine running and the plug removed from the flap and flap held part closed, when I put plug back in flap is driven open. From what I read in this thread it appears to be working back to front. The van drives fine apart from not revving over 3000. Was going to get a new flap but not convinced that that will solve the problem. Any ideas.
    Many thanks
    H

You have low boost pressure check oil level and the vacum pipes and egr valve the flap your talking about is in the throtle body and is used to help starve the engine of air when you turn it off.

Miss breakdown