Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Management light on an Astra 1.7 cdti

Default engine managemnt light on

Hi! I have the same car as you and also a similar problem. the engine managemnet light is always on and the car wont rev more than 3000 revs. Ihave replaced the egr valve but the problem is still there. could you tell me if your car is now sorted and what was the problem? thanks.

Hi,

I have 04 CDTI with exactly the same problem. Cant believe how many peeps have this problem.

I had RAC plug mine in today and it showed P1125 (Throttle actuator)

Has anyone sorted this problem yet as i cant seem to find anyone that has anywhere????

If you take it to dealer and they fit new parts but it doesnt sort it do you still have to pay for them all?

Please help!!!

Question P1125

Hi,

I think i might have posted this previously?

Astra "G" 1.7D CDTi 2002-06 Code P1125 = wastegate regulating valve.

Astra "H" 1.7D CDTi 2004-07 Code P1125 = intake air flap control actuator.

Its no good relying on "codes" you need to book it in with a local garage who have diagnostic equipmet able to take "live" readings.

wes.

Default Eml

Hi, Sorry to get this post running again, I'm having a nightmare with my MK4 Astravan 2005 1.7 CDTI engine! If I drive around town normally the engine is sweet! The second I try and accelerate past past 80 MPH (doesn't matter which gear) EML light comes on and the engine goes into limp mode and limits to 3000RPM - Rubbish ! If I turn engine off for more than 5 mins, turn back on its OK again but EML light stays on...

I have had the codes read by VAUX main dealer and they say it is P1125 - You need a new turbo! WHAT! How can a turbo work fine 90% of the time (can here the waste-gate working) and suddenly not work!

If I stop and unplug the intake butterfly sensor the car will drive well and easily pass 80+ but the EML light stays on... This means the turbo is working properly right?

Any help would be really good as this is crazy and I tow quiet a bit and need all 80hp! hehe

Thanks in advance.

You've found the problem yourself!!!
    P1125 has 2 meanings depending on which fuel system is fitted. It CAN mean turbo wastegate valve on all Bosch systems EXCEPT EDC 16 C9. Yours will probably be this system and P1125 means 'intake air flap control actuator' (or intake butterfly sensor as you call it).

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    You've found the problem yourself!!!
    P1125 has 2 meanings depending on which fuel system is fitted. It CAN mean turbo wastegate valve on all Bosch systems EXCEPT EDC 16 C9. Yours will probably be this system and P1125 means 'intake air flap control actuator' (or intake butterfly sensor as you call it).
    Thanks HOMETUNE.

Oh, OK cool... The garage wrote this on the invoice:

'P1125 - boost pressure signal out of range, actuator on turbo seized'

Had a second opinion from another garage and they said this:

'P1125 - Turbo charger wastegate regulating valve / circuit malfunction'

But, If this was the case (seized) why would the light go off with urban driving then go back on when trying to get to 80+ or under hard load... A wastegate either works or doesn't! And I can hear it working until the engine limps.

What should I do.. Garage said unplugging the IAFC puts the engine in default mode and will not work properly but it drives better with it unplugged!

Any suggestions ...

Both those garages have got the WRONG system for your car. It has NOTHING to do with the TURBO on your engine.
    You need to check and replace the air flap control actuator if necessary (or leave it unplugged but the light on).
    Having had bad diagnostics done, you know what to do, IGNORE their advice.

Brilliant, thanks...

Will buy a new one, fit and see if problem goes away

Default Part

OMG It is proving impossible to find this 'air intake actuator' Can't find any at the scrappy, VAUX say it is part of the EGR valve for which they are wrong! Anyone know how or where I can get this part?

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=241888

It is the 'throttle valve body' on the third picture down... (as thread says, NOT part of EGR valve)

The air intake actuator is the same, in effect, as the throttle body on a petrol engine. It is a flap like the butterfly in a throttle body. On your car it is operated by an electric motor. You can check it is working by applying 12 volts to it and it should open up. It is directly linked to the throttle pedal. It is the part in the 3rd photo. Try Autovaux with Google for a quote.