Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: engine warning light on ford fiesta 53 plate

Default engine warning light on ford fiesta 53 plate

I was driving my fiesta today when all of sudden my power steering locked up and my engine warning light came on. I managed to bring the car to a stop and turned off the ignition. I left it for 1 min then the car started first time with no engine warning light. Does anybody have any ideas what this could be as my manual says it could be a malfunction. A malfunction of what and is it safe to drive, especially with my children in the car?????

You will need to get the Engine Control Module fault codes read with a diagnostic tester.This will help indicate what the fault is and without knowing what the code/codes are I cannot advise whether the fault will occur again.I
    would advise you to get this done ASAP.

HTH
    Last edited by Sussex Patrol; 04-03-08 at 23:11.

is this one of the fords that you can use dashboard light to flash the codes???

think i read somewhere that you can hold down the trip meter button or something to get it to flash codes.

Anyone advise if thats so??

I believe this works on a Focus but don't know about the Fiesta but you could try:

Hold down the trip reset button for up to 10 seconds until it says TEST and then press it more to cycle through the functions.

or try this:

Hold down trip reset button, power up ignition to position II

let us know how you get on

Default Ford Fucus Engine Warning Light

Hi people, I have been reading you thread as I am having much the same issue here, my engine warning light comes on for about 4 seconds then goes off, it may neot reappear for a couple of days, but yesterday 26th, it repeatedly came on over a 20 min duration at which point I decided not to use the car. I must point out that I took the car to rapid fit who put the car on diagnostic and updated the software on friday 24th, they found now problems, however as I said it still came on as above.

Toshea
    Last edited by toshea; 28-08-07 at 12:37.

Default Ford Fucus Engine Warning Light

Hi people, I have been reading you thread as I am having much the same issue here, my engine warning light comes on for about 4 seconds then goes off, it may neot reappear for a couple of days, but yesterday 26th, it repeatedly came on over a 20 min duration at which point I decided not to use the car. I must point out that I took the car to rapid fit who put the car on diagnostic and updated the software on friday 24th, they found now problems, however as I said it still came on as above.

Here are my resulst from the suggested Trip test:

gage ok
    bulb ok
    r 22
    E001
    dtc/262

Any ideas as to the representaion of these codes?

Many Thanks

Toshea

Wink

the Dtc codes are as follows D262 which is DTCP 10262 is Injector circut high CYL 1. If you keep pressing the button you should have more make a note and put them on the thread and i will tell you what they are.

Smile dtc d262

Thanks for the reply, I have also been given some other clues, I have been informed that it could also mean missing SCP data, as it is only a trip test and not a ful diagnostic test apparently I will not get the P code doing this.

d262 is apparently U1262? not quite sure what to do, I have decided that tomorrow the car goes back to my local rapid fit and they can show me the data there and then.

all other data in the trip test has looked ok according to a list I found at FFOC online. many thanks for your response here are the results of the Trip Test:

Key on/ engine off test

gage ok
    rest screen
    bulb ok
    r 22
    E001
    dtc d262
    023.t
    F137
    L125
    097.F
    039.C
    028.c
    A6 (or b) -H
    E6 (or b) -H
    IL -L
    Cr -H
    A-6 (or b)d
    6 (or b) -18
    C - d1
    d - 36
    P103
    P2FF
    P3FF
    P4FF
    gage ok

Toshea
    Last edited by toshea; 28-08-07 at 12:36. Reason: updated

Default Engine Warning Light

Hi people, here's an update to my warning light which keeps coming on, now my dial's are jmping around too!

I have taken the car back to a ford garage and they say there is no Engine Problems according to there diagnostics? However my instrument cluster could be at fault as I completely lost the lot on my way home from work.

By this I mean the dials: temp, speedo, rev and fuel all sat at zero, and the LCD display went to dashes across the screen and then wentback to normal function again.

Any suggestions on this before I spen 350 on a new cluster.

toshea

Default Fiesta 55, 1.24l engine warning light code

Hello, any idea what this engine warning code means on a 55 Fiesta; EE FAIL/85?

Found this after reading the great thread on how to determine the problem with an engine warning light.

Any help appreciated.