Thread: Micra Immobiliser/ecu problem

Cool Micra Immobiliser/ecu problem

Hi, I need advise with a Micra P reg K11 1.0 The problem is that the check engine light flashes when the key is turned, the engine starts and runs for a few seconds then stops. The NATS LED does not come on at any time. It is as though the immobiliser does not see the transponder in the key. I have checked the wiring between the transponder aerial and ECU. Has the immobiliser section of the ECU failed? This has been an intermittent problem for 4 weeks , but has now become continuous. Can I reprogram the key? Would that fix the fault or is a replacement unit the only answer? I would greatly appreciate any help, ThankYou

Until Merseypatrol reads this, type Nissan micra into the search forum box at the top of the page. About 2 weeks ago, bilsat had a similar problem and Merseypatrol replied. It may just help you.

Hi been on hols, I think a reprogram would be the way to go here but also worth checking to see if the is any RF interference, all RAC patrols carry equipment that can check for this.

Thanks MerseyPatrol, I'm having a free-running ECU programmed over the weekend. No immobiliser of course but I will fit an alarm/immobiliser when I get it on the road again. Thanks again.