Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford Focus losing acceleration and engine management light comes on

Yes. If it is not the problem you will need to see if the idle speed control valve is working correctly.

I too have had a problem with the engine management light. I have a Focus 1.6 LX Tdci 06 plate. As a lot of my driving is on the motorways, I get up to mostly high speed after a couple of minutes, living so close to the motorway. I have found that the light has come on when the outside temperature has been pretty cold, a couple of times almost freezing. After I've managed to pull over, turned the ignition off, left a few seconds and turned back on again, the car has been ok. Since I first bought the car back in June 2009, the car has been a dream to drive. However, only since we have had the really cold weather a few months back, did the problem arise. So I wondered if the fact that accelerating to a high speed in only a few minutes in these condtions, contribute to the light coming on?

Default ranger driver

i have a similar problem with my ranger 07 and Ford has not been able to find the problem. With mine if it does not start first time then on the second or third go the accelerator will only go to 2500 revs amd no more. Then the engine management light stays on indefinetly.
    Like to know what to do.

If the engine light is on then there must be a fault code in one of the ecus on the car. Not sure why the dealer cannot find out why? Does the fault not happen when at the dealer's and this is why they cannot find it? The scan tool the dealer uses invariably finds all the faults in all the ecus on the car, this is the first test you normally do. If they are just searching the engine ecu, they may be missing the fault. All the ecus are linked and all must be searched for faults.
    Maybe another Ford garage may be better for you.

[

Sorry wrong post posted here
    Last edited by dragonfly29; 22-06-12 at 18:57. Reason: wrong post put up

Try to rectify the error as in if the issue is with your switch or not then try and replace that or else every time you check you engine management to the showroom back and forth until you are convinced..