Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What annoys people most about other drivers/driving?

When I took my second Driving Test in 1979/80 there was no mention, or questions about Motorway Driving. I had passed my Test previously in the Army, but never got around to sending the Army paperwork in to change it for a Licence.
    It is a personal thought that maybe new drivers should not be allowed on motorways until they have had experience of dual carriageway driving. As an example, I can get from my home to a number of motorway junctions without touching a dual carriageway, and some without leaving a 30mph speed limit. Yet I have heard a number of younger drivers saying that they can't wait to get on the motorways to drive fast!

Back when I sat the driving test, the nearest stretch on Motorway was hundreds of mile away?
    In fact, by the time I reached it.......I was a seasoned driver

I think it was a city in Italy, which some years ago decided their roads were so congested they introduced a system whereby car roofs were painted different colours denoting what days they were allowed on the roads. Don't know if it was just an experiment or has faded away, I know I have not heard or seen anything about it for a while. I remember that at the time it was shown to be a great success, although, as expected, there were some drivers not too impressed about it. A spin-off from easing congestion was that it not only reduced travelling time through less congestion, there were also less collisions relevant to the amount of traffic; although some said this was just a statistic relevant to the reduced traffic.

Just received this in an email. Somehow, it seems relevant to this thread.
    Fable of the porcupine
    It was the coldest winter ever. Many animals died because of the cold. The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together to keep warm. This way they covered and protected themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companions.

After awhile, they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth. Wisely, they decided to go back to being together.

They learned to live with the little wounds caused by the close relationship with their companions in order to receive the warmth that came from the others. This way they were able to survive.

The moral of the story: - The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others.,

Hey! I get the point, a good driving philosophy Rolebama .

1.Tailgating
    2. people who think they are Stirling Schumacher and own the road-usually drivers of German cars
    3. those who cant indicate or leave their turn to the last second-especially if no indication or cutting across lanes
    4. sunday drivers who wont go above 40mph with queues behind and empty road in front and then slow to 30 for every single bend
    5.People who enter a roundabout in the left lane and go all the way round to exit
    6.Pepole who cant bear to queue at works and race up the outside to barge inand those who cant handle average speed cameras
    7.Mobile users
    8.Lane hoggers
    9.Use of fog lights when no fog

These are ones that bug me
    Last edited by luisedinho; 29-01-12 at 22:47. Reason: forgot to add a bit

See post# 94... and just get on with driving your own car.

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    See post# 94... and just get on with driving your own car.

People who stop at the side of the road with their dipped beam on,don't use their indicators,eating and drinking whilst at the wheel, using a mobile phone,never acknowledge when you let them out from a side street in a traffic jam,dangerous and illegal parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennington View Post
    People who stop at the side of the road with their dipped beam on,don't use their indicators,eating and drinking whilst at the wheel, using a mobile phone,never acknowledge when you let them out from a side street in a traffic jam,dangerous and illegal parking.
    You're talking about the majority of drivers then! You need to be careful of your dislike will turn to hatred and you will join their ranks. There is a limit to the amount of abuse anyone can take. Now, you can slag me off as much as you like because I drink at the wheel - I have a canister of water and a tube to sook from without having to take a hand off the wheel. I also eat when driving: if you live where I do and are held up by inconsiderate tourists wanting to look at the scenery when a lot of us are going about our business whether on island or mainland journeys and failing to realize they are driving, one losese time and opportunity to pull over and stop. I have fitted an arrangement in in my car; prepare sarnies in advance - cut into bite size portions - in a position where I can reach out and grab a bit, put it in my mouth and havemy hand back on the wheel in same time as I would take it off to change gear.

Seems to me there's not a few who would benefit from what I do and that's record my travels and listen to the continuous verbal commentary.Believe me - it works - you pick up on mistakes and your bad temper/trigger points. I'm not saying it makes me a great driver - just gives me warning when I'm OTT!