Thread: Transit connect timing belt when to change?

Default Transit connect timing belt when to change?

Hello all,
    just trying to find out at what mileage the timing belt should be changed on a
    2003 1.8 TDCI transit connect some say 100k othera 150k?
    cheers
    dcw

Transit Connect is 150,000 miles. Same engine in a Focus 100,000 miles. Or 10 years on both. Dare you leave it that long though....???

i wouldn't ... i see the timing belt intervals are getting longer but that's a bit to long for me , i would change it at 60 just to be sure . OK its designed to go longer but i would not take the chance

Thanks for your replies vans done 98k now. I will get it changed very soon
    don`t suppose it a diy job is it??
    cheers
    dcw

Default Cambelt

If you are lucky enough to have a handbook and you have the correct tools there shouldnt be a problem ,Haynes dont do one though and I wouldnt tackle it without first checking if you have all the correct equipment first. Ive done a few myself and you may find that you need a certain size torque socket or allen key and it's bound to be one you dont have. Apart from that make sure you dont contaminate the belt , you get your timing marks lined up correctly and whilst off if you find any seals leaking it makes sense to replace those while it's in bit's.

Kev

Thanks Kev
    I have not done it yet and i have a feeling i shall leave it to someone a bit more experienced than me